Comfort Buddy

This was a request from Caronaro123 :D
This is a Dave X Bambi chapter so if you don't like that feel free to skip this chapter. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy! :)

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Dave's POV
I sat in my wheelchair, looking out the window of my cozy home. My mind wandered too memories of the past, the days I spent with my 2 working legs. I smiled to myself a little, memories flooding back from the good old days.
Sighing, I roll my wheelchair away from the window and exited my home. I had the great idea of heading to my good friend Bambi's farm. It was strange how the two of us got along so well, I mean our personalities were complete opposite's. But he was always someone I could count on for anything and I was grateful to have someone like him around.

I headed towards the corn fields since that's where Bambi usually was. I felt a little bad since I hadn't texted him before hand, but I'm sure he wouldn't have minded me paying a visit.
Bambi was trimming, well, trying to trim the access growth on the corn he was growing. However, due to his stunted growth he wasn't really able to reach the correct areas. "Need some help?" I made my way over to him a smile forming on my face. Bambi jumped back a little and huffed angrily. "God maybe a text before sneaking up on me next time? My god" he rolled his eyes. "But uh yeah I guess you can help I mean I was doing fine before you came but whatever" he spoke sarcasm practically spilling from his mouth. I chuckled too myself before helping him out.
I ended up staying with Bambi and helping him for the rest of the day. The evening was falling upon us and me and Bambi sat outside watching the sunset. My mind wandered off, I ended up thinking again about past memories. I felt something coming down my face not realizing that I was crying.
Bambi turned towards me a little surprised to see me like that. "Woah Dave you ok??" Bambi stood up and made his way towards my side. "It's weird, it's not like I dwell on this so much. So why is it now bothering me?" I spoke more to myself then to Bambi.
Bambi now understood why Dave was feeling  so upset about. "Dave hey listen" Bambi gently placed his hand on top of mine. I look over at the tiny farmer beside me, tears still streaming down my face. He smiled at me, which is rare cause this little dude never really does that.
"I know you miss being able to walk, I get that. I'm sure it's really hard on you to know that well, you may never be able to walk again. But Dave, think of all the memories you made back then." he rubbed his thumb gently on my hand.
"You are so optimistic though and I have hope because of that, that one day you will be able to walk again" he beamed up at me. I smiled a little towards the corn farmer, wiping my face that was stained with tears.
"And hey, it's not like that has changed you as a person! You are still such a wonderful father, teacher, and a friend. Lots of people love you Dave, they love you for well..being you" he squeezed my hand gently. "Bambi, I don't know what I would do without a friend like you" I smiled before extending my arms out for a hug. Bambi happily accepted, embracing me gently. "You ain't never had a friend like me" he whispered, chuckling a little. I laughed quietly to myself.
He was right, I ain't never had a friend like him.