Stargazing

Dave's POV

It was a beautiful starry night, I sat upon the grey blanket that Pidge had laid out for us. Not a lot of people were out at the park anymore since it was late. But it felt peaceful to just enjoy the twinkling sky, as well as enjoy the company of the beauty beside me.
I looked over at the girl beside me, the way her eyes sparkled under the night sky made my heart race. They turned their gaze towards me, a small smile appearing on her face. I felt my cheeks heat up.
"Beautiful isn't it?" they said softly, breaking the silence between us. "Mhm.." I respond, nodding my head, averting my gaze upwards again. "Thanks for coming with me tonight Dave, you really didn't have too. I know your busy and-" I grab their hand gently making her stop. "Pidge it's fine, I love spending every moment I can with you. Honestly I don't mind at all." I spoke softly towards the raven headed human. I smiled and gently squeezed their hand, causing the girl to crack a smile.
"Your to Kind Dave.." she spoke softly, I could see the blush dusting her cheeks slightly. I look back up to the sky. My stomach flutters and my heart begins to beat faster. She still hasn't let go of my hand. Maybe they feel the same? No that can't be, there's no way that they like me back.
"Hey Dave can I tell you something..?" they finally spoke, squeezing my hand a little. I once again look over at them but their eyes are fixated on the starry sky above. "Of course, what's up?" I asks. She shifted a little, fidgeting with the rings on her fingers. "Dave I..." they trailed off, they seemed anxious. "Pidge it's ok, you don't have to push yourself. If you aernt comfortable with talking about it then I totally understand that." I gently rubbed my thumb atop of their hand.
The raven head looked down to our hands and then up to me. I smiled at them, they sighed and nodded slightly. "I just..I wanted to say that.." she gently took a breath before continuing. "Dave I really like you, a lot. Like, more then friends I mean. I know you probably don't feel the same and-" she removed her hand from mine and began to move herself away.
"Pidge, please don't worry. I'm glad you told me this. I was actually going to confess my feelings for you tonight but, you kind of beat me to that" I chuckle a little and rub the back of my neck. They looked over at me and began to scoot back to their original position.
"So, you felt the same?" she spoke quickly, I nodded, a big smile on my face. "Of course, you are such a wonderful person. I love your personality, you have a beautiful voice, and an amazing sense of humor. How could I not fall head over heels for someone like you?" I say softly.
I can see under the blanketed night sky, their cheeks glow red. I gently tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. They smiled, and I leaned my face towards them. I gently placed my lips upon their's. They locked their lips with mine. My heart was racing, the butterflies in my stomach were going wild. If only it could last forever. I detached myself from their small lips and caressed their cheek.
Their face was a shade of dark red causing a slight chuckle to escape from me. "You look like a tomato right now pidge" I snickered, causing the raven headed girl to punch my arm. "Ow!! Hey hey, I was kidding!!" I exclaimed, rubbing my arm gently.
They sighed and embraced me into a warm hug. "I love you" she said softly. I gently brushed my fingers through her dark locks and hummed. "I love you too my starlight."