Drunk Confession

Hi everyone!! So sorry for not updating D: I've been trying to get my grades up. As well as just having awful writers block. Lots of stuff happening, busy life, ya get what I mean- Anyways, I decided to come back with a Dave story so I hope you all enjoy!! :)

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Dave's POV

I was invited over by Pidge, a good friend of both me and Bambi, to have a couple of drinks. It was a formal, but yet a casual meet up. I always enjoyed spending time with Pidge because they were someone I could pick up right where we left off. I've been friends with Pidge for a while, even though I strive to be closer then that. But I try to push those feelings away when I'm with them. I don't think they have suspected my feelings for them, but even so, I try to not let it slip out accidentally.
I sat across from them, they were talking about their interests. I always enjoyed hearing them talk about the stuff they like. The way their face gleams when they speak about the things they are passionate about. I couldn't help but feel my face heat up as I took a sip of wine from my glass.
"So Dave, how has life been for you??" the raven headed human across from asked, breaking me out of my trance. "Ah you know, the usual. Teaching, taking care of Tristan, dealing with Bambi breaking his phone every hour of the day-" I was interrupted by a small giggle. I feel a smile creep up on my face, their laugh always managed to make me grin.
"Cheers!!" the dark haired human across me suddenly shouted. "To what silly?" I chuckled at their sudden outburst of excitement. "To having the bestest friend in the whole wide world!!" they exclaimed happily. Ah yes, I'm just a friend I forgot. I raised my glass, "alright then, to my bestest friend in the whole wide world, cheers." Our glasses clinking together as we both took a swig out of the red wine.

✧ 

Pidge's POV

I had no idea Dave could get so drunk over just a couple of drinks. Then again, he didn't seem like the type to carry his liquor well. I watched as the burnet across from me laughed to himself. His face was completely red, he looked like a tomato. I smirked as I watched him take another sip from his glass.
"PidGGgEeE *hic*" Dave slurred out to me. "Aw  what's the matter davey?? You drunkk?" I babied him in a joking manor. Dave just leaned his entire body against the table and lifted his empty glass up. "OkKk myYyy tuUrN- *hic* I wAnnA mAkEee A toAssTt *hic*" the math teacher spoke, er well, slurred out. I giggled and lifted my glass up even though he probably didn't notice, since his face was on the table. "cHhHeEerS tOo tHe- *hic* pRrettiesTtT mOsTt beEAaAautifuLl pErsOn I hAVvvE evErR- *hic* lAid eYeSs OnN~"
My face heated up, thankfully this man was drunk otherwise he would have seen how flustered I was. "Ah Dave you don't mean that honey-" I quickly spat out but Dave slammed his glass on the table causing me to jump a little. "iMmM beIngG hoNeStT!!" he exclaimed getting off of the table to face me. "PiDgGe I lOovE- *hic* YoUu sOo MucCh~" he spoke proudly as he laughed to himself.
I sat genuinely dumbfounded, there's no way Dave liked me romantically too. It's just the alcohol talking im sure of it but- What if it isn't?? I could feel my stomach fluttering and my heart begin to race. "PidGeYy~" the burnet slurred out once more. "Y-yes Dave??-" I managed to sputter out. He smiled, a drunken smile, "dO yOouU loOveE *hic* meE tOoOo??"
I suddenly got up and walked over to the drunken man in the wheelchair. He looked up at me with cloudy eyes and a drunken smile. God, I love him so much. I put both my hands on each side of his face and gently kissed him. It was pretty sloppy since Dave was uh- well drunk. But it still got those butterflies in my stomach going thats for sure. "sO iS- *hic* tHat A yESSs?~" he leaned forward practically almost falling out of his seat. I quickly caught him and exhaled in relief. "Yes sweetie, I love you too,," I spoke softly as I ran my fingers through his hair.
He hummed leaning more into my touch, on the edge of his wheelchair basically. I struggled to keep us both up but it was worth it for Dave to be so close to me. I could feel his figure getting heavier and soon realized he had passed out on me. I shook my head and sighed lovingly, this was definitely not how I expected tonight to turn out.