02

9:12 pm

"We'll be back before you know it." I heard Dave yell before the front door to the cabin shut. I cocked an eyebrow, wondering if they had been talking to me even though I just walked out of the shower.

I heard footsteps on the staircase and I opened my bedroom door to see who had stayed behind. Travis emerged from the staircase and before I could hide myself behind the door, his eyes were already scanning my body that was only covered by a towel.

"Sorry." Travis's eyes flickered up to mine before he nervously averted his attention.

"Where'd they go?" I asked, wondering if we were the only two in the house.

"Everyone just left to check out the ski log." He answered, digging his hands into his sweatpants pockets.

I nodded and then disappeared into my room. I quickly changed into my pajamas, which consisted of spandex shorts that were meant for working out, even though I never did, and an old high school shirt. I dried my hair the best I could without a hair dryer and pulled it into a ponytail before heading back downstairs. I could hear Travis in the kitchen so I followed the noise to see him stretching to reach the highest shelf of the cupboard.

I was completely distracted by the portion of skin his shirt failed to cover while he stretched, his abs flexing before they were covered again. My eyes suddenly found his and I noticed a smirk crawling on to his lips. Had he noticed me staring? "Want some hot chocolate?"

I leaned against the counter and nodded. "Sure. Thanks." The sound of harsh wind blowing against the windows caught my attention and I walked over to see a full blown snowstorm outside. "That looks terrifying."

"Sounds terrifying." Travis chuckled from the kitchen as he stirred one mug and moved on to the next. I walked back over to him and he slid a mug towards me before grabbing a little container of tiny marshmallows. "Tell me when to stop."

I watched as he poured the tiny marshmallows into my mug, his smile growing as we both just watched them flood my cup. "Stop." I giggled at the tiny mountain in my mug as Travis tilted the container back up.