012

3:41 pm

I walked back into the kitchen, from the bathroom, to see Travis opening the oven. He groaned when he saw the pizza wasn't done and shut it again. "The more you open that, the longer it takes to cook."

I hoisted myself on to the counter and swung my feet. Travis leaned against the opposite counter and sighed. "I'm hungry, Lauren. I don't have the patience."

The kitchen, much like the rest of the cabin, was pretty small. I swung my legs and stared at the other side of kitchen, wondering if my legs would reach. I started kicking for the other counter, not being able to get my foot on the other side. But I was irritating Travis with every attempt that I failed at because I always ended up hitting him. I smiled as he glared at my legs, his eyes finding mine. I curled my lips into my mouth to try and hide my smile but it was almost no use.

"You think you're funny, don't you?" Travis cracked a smile, crossing his arms over his chest. I knew he was already growing annoyed with the pizza and I wasn't helping.

"Kind of." I shrugged with a smug smirk, instantly regretting my response as Travis walked towards me.

With a quick motion, Travis's hands found my sides and I burst out laughing as his fingers tickled me. I cried out for him to stop but he was only laughing at me as I squirmed and pushing at his arms, desperately. I couldn't even kick him away because he just ended up placing himself in between my legs. It was all fun and games until I hit my head against the cupboard, now softly laughing at myself as Travis stopped tickling me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, a chuckle lining his voice as his hand found the back of my head. I shook my head and placed it on his shoulder, feeling his hand gently stroke my hair.

"Jerk." I snorted softly into his shoulder, inhaling his heartwarming scent. There was a faint trace of cologne but I could tell this was just the smell of Travis.

"You started it." He teased. Our moment was instantly distracted by the timer on the oven going off.