027

3 weeks later. (3:05 pm)

"So we're going to meet up to study tomorrow, right?" Molly smiled as we walked down the cement steps that led to the main hall of the university. I was about to reply when I noticed Molly's eyes stare at someone into the parking lot. "I think someone's here for you, Lauren."

I looked at the parking lot to see a face I didn't think I'd see ever again. He was leaning against his car, arms folded over his chest and a grin on his face. My heart skipped a beat and my eyes widened at the sight of him. I looked over at Molly, seeing her eyes follow his body before she looked at me as if I were extremely lucky to have him staring at me. I started down the rest of the steps, stopping just before Travis's car and sighing.

"What are you doing here?" I asked lightly, making eye contact with Travis as he continued to sport that incredibly handsome smirk.

He pushed off his car and walked towards me, placing himself so close to me that I could smell his familiar scent. I missed him so much. "When I found out you were going to the university just a town over from mine, I couldn't stop myself from coming to see you. I thought I remembered you saying we would be close by."

I fought back a smile as best I could, but it was useless. I had repeatedly told myself not to go to his university because I didn't want to be a stalker, but I was glad he was here. "So, what do you want now, O'Riley?" I teased, looking up at his brown eyes.

"You." The word seemed to roll off his tongue so easily, yet it got caught in my head and made my head spin.

My cheeks flared with embarrassment but my smile grew, despite my attempt to hide it. Hugging my books against my chest, I gestured a hand out to Travis. "Then, we should probably start over."

Travis's eyes fell to my hand as a smirk stretched across his handsome face. He slowly slipped his hand into mine and gave it a shake. "Why don't we start with a date? I'll pay," he teased.

"Now?" My eyes went wide.

Travis nodded and gestured towards his car with a nod of his head. "Why not? When have we ever not rushed into something together?"

I can't help but laugh, feeling my heart warm when I spot Travis's smile broaden at the sound of my joy. The way he looks at me makes me giddy and chases away all the negative memories we briefly shared. If we're starting over, maybe it'd be better to get rid of those memories. After all, we're not stuck in a house together anymore. This is real life. And I want to see what happens. And his handsome looks are very persuasive, I have to admit.

"Alright, O'Riley. Let's go," I said I stepped towards him and his car.