06

2:31 am

"So you're single?" I looked up at Travis, smiling wildly at the fact that I had teasingly asked the same question about five times already. He rolled his eyes and I shook his head, obviously fighting a smile.

"How many times are you going to come on to me? You're starting to look desperate." Travis chuckled, the sound rumbling through his chest.

He shifted on the couch and that made my head move with his legs. I groaned in annoyance at how many times he had moved his legs even though I had my head on them. "You wish, O'Riley."

Travis checked his phone and threw his head against the couch. "It's so late, Lauren. Why won't you let me sleep?"

"We have to wait for them to come back." I shrugged, turning my head to the quiet tv.

"They're not coming back. There is no way anyone is getting through that door." Travis sounded defeated but I ignored him and snuggled myself in the blanket I grabbed earlier.

"I vote we sleep on the couch." I stated.

"We?" My cheeks felt hot at the flirtatious tone of his voice so I kept silent. After a moment, Travis spoke up again. "Are you at least going to share the blanket?"

"I will, if you tell me whether you're single. I don't want to share a blanket with another girls man." I smirked up at Travis when I saw him glaring at me.

"It's complicated." Travis looked confused by his own words. "It's sort of complicated..." He paused. "I'm single."

"That didn't convince me one bit, O'Riley."

"We're fuck buddies."

"Gross." I groaned, lifting my head off of Travis's lap just as he placed his hand on my forehead and pushed me back down.

"I'm kidding." I grimaced at his foul joke and sighed. "Sort of."

"Travis!" I exclaimed, covering my face with the blanket. I could hear him laughing and I couldn't help but smile at the comforting sound. I had to bite my cheeks to hold back my own laughter. "Don't be a perv."

"You asked and I answered. Stop asking questions you don't want the answer to."

"You're a brat." I retorted, peeking at Travis to see him smiling at the tv, not realizing that I was watching him.