015

6:21 pm

"I said, You're holding back. She said, Shut up and dance with me!" I sang along to the music coming for my phone, looking aimlessly through the kitchen since there was nothing else to do.

I noticed Travis walking into the kitchen, wiping his hands on his pants. The humorous grin on his face made butterflies take over my stomach, but I wasn't going to let that grin keep me from singing. I smiled back at him and danced towards him, mouthing the lyrics. I gestured for him to dance with me and he shook his head, unintentionally following the song.

"Shut up and dance with me." I sang along, making Travis laugh.

I did some of my goofiest dance moves, not actually knowing how to dance anyways. Travis simply laughed at me and I spun around to run my fingers through his hair and mess it up. He groaned but that grin didn't leave his face. The song ended and I frowned, looking at my phone and listening for the next song. It was one that I usually skipped but never deleted.

"You're a complete dork, you know that?" Travis said as I picked up my phone to skip the song.

"You're just jealous I can dance and you can't." I teased, pressing the skip button and smiling when I heard a slow love song come on. One of my absolute favorites. "Lets see if you really have two left feet."

I set my phone down and placed myself in front of Travis, curling my arms around his neck. He rolled his eyes but gave in anyways, placing his hand on my waist and beginning to slowly move with me and the music. I let out a soft sigh and rested my head on Travis's shoulder. He wasn't a bad dancer at all, I figured out.

The song seemed to go on forever as I swayed with Travis, dazing off as I closed my eyes. It was like we fit together, which was something I couldn't really say about anyone else. My fingers found the little hairs on the back of his neck and I subconsciously played with them. It wasn't until he let out a heavy sigh that I realized his head was on my shoulder and we were still swaying without any music.