08

6:47 am

"You're not really good at sitting like a normal human, are you?" Travis chuckled and my eyebrows furrowed together.

I was sitting at the dining room table with my knees to my chest. In my defense, the more compact I was, the warmer I was. And also, "Not really." I shrugged with a smirk.

"Are you done?" Travis pointed at my bowl of cereal as he stood from the table and I nodded. He grabbed my bowl and headed to the kitchen with his. He looked back at me as he placed them in the sink and I mouthed a thank you.

"What should we do to pass the time?" I asked with a heavy sigh. My head was beginning to feel annoyed with this ponytail, so I tore it out and let my hair fell to one side.

Travis stood in the kitchen and stared at me for a moment before responding. "You woke me up way too early, I'm going back to bed." Travis started heading for the stairs and I had a mini panic moment, causing me to fall out of my seat and land on the ground.

"Fuck!" I cursed as my shoulder blade and hip slammed against the wood floors.

"Lauren!" I heard the panic in Travis's voice as he headed for me. I covered my face in embarrassment as Travis leaned over me. "Are you okay?" He chuckled.

"I'm fine. I'm just clumsy." I laughed behind my hands before letting my arms unravel beside me. Travis was much closer to my face than I expected, causing my cheeks to heat up even more than when I actually hit the ground.

"You're adorable sometimes, you know that?" Travis shook his head at me and my heart fluttered at his words.

I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him out of my way. I got back on my feet and hugged myself, trying so hard for him not to see my red cheeks. I walked to the couch and crossed my legs under me. "At least watch morning cartoons with me. You can't leave me down here alone."

"Obviously not, if you're going to be falling off chairs." He laughed. I flipped up my middle finger, which only made him laugh harder.