09

8:29 am

I locked my phone and headed back to the couch where Travis was busy drawing on a notebook he found in the office behind the living room. "My mother said it'll probably take them forever to get people to them and then get them out safely, so we've got a lot of time on our hands."

I sat beside Travis, peeking at his artwork. He was drawing a pack of wolves in a snowy forest. On a white sheet of paper, figuring out that everything was snow would usually be kind of difficult, but Travis had a knack for shading.

"Uh.. Huh..." He was obviously too distracted to care.

"How come your parents haven't called you? Aren't they worried?" I questioned.

"I'm with you. They know I'm fine." I nodded slowly. His harsh tone made me feel like this wasn't something he wanted to talk about. "Besides, the least they could do is leave me alone after dragging me here."

"You don't like your parents?" I frowned.

"Not completely. They're just a real pain sometimes." Travis shrugged.

Travis and I were pretty opposite people. We were even different in the littlest ways. He sat normally, I didn't. He didn't like his parents, I started getting anxiety the second my mother and my sister didn't come back last night. He had some kind of fuck buddy back home, while I wasn't the kind of girl to ever get a boyfriend. Yet somehow, we were getting along really well within these couple hours of being stuck together.

"You're staring." Travis glanced at me, causing me to jerk away from him in embarrassment.

"I was lost in thought. Sorry." I averted my eyes to the tv, grabbing the remote to turn up the volume since I turned it down to talk to my mom.

"You don't have to apologize for admiring my good looks." A smug smirk took over Travis's lips and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his cockiness.

"You wish, O'Riley." I settled into the couch, grabbing the blanket on the arm of the it and throwing it over me.

"Kind of." I could have been imagining those words because of how quietly he had said it, but I still blushed.