20 - 𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚎

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"It's warm in here..."

└─────────❍─────────┘

Times up.

You shocked out of your reverie when the timer blared from beside you, nearly making you jump. You hastily shuffled to a more comfortable position, meters away from Satoru with hands clutching your chest. The air felt as if it was lit, your whole temperature rising up like the color of blood to the tip of your ears.

He wasn't playing with you.

What does that even mean?

"You lost, (F/n)-chan." Satoru broke the tensed atmosphere with a teasing chuckle. He sprawled down the floor, laughing at your stupefied self. Any trace of the quiet Satoru was gone.

It was frustrating. Every time you tried to face those unwelcomed feelings, Satoru would always do something to make you doubt his intentions.

"You're the one who destroyed the doll!" You attempted to mask your disappointment by playing along. "Means you lost, not me!"

"Eh? You're the one who said I don't wanna play anymore," he imitated your voice with mockery.

Embarrassment flooded you because of his lack of sensitivity. You sighed, thinking it would be best for you to ignore him and reevaluate what you feel.

"I'm going to sleep, Gojo-san."

"Eh-? (F/n)-"

"Goodnight."

Once out of the guest room he particularly modified for you, Satoru dialled his best friend's number. He dragged his way into his room, mind full of questions as to why you suddenly sent him away.

Were you having your period again? Such bad mood swings.

After a few rings, the other line picked up. Before Suguru could mutter a sleepy greeting, Satoru asked,

"Suguru! What does it mean if a girl says stop?!"

"Man, I woke up just for this?," Suguru's sleepy voice answered from the other line. He even added a yawn to make Satoru at least a bit guilty.

Well, that didn't work, of course.

"Come ooon. What does that mean?," Satoru dragged. He was completely caught off-guard by the change of atmosphere and his adrenaline.

You told him to stop, but he didn't. He couldn't.

"Why are you asking? Are you on a date right now? Go home, it's nearly midnight."

"No no. Just answer me!"

Suguru groaned. He couldn't believe he woke up just for one of Satoru's midnight shenanigans. He had been lacking sleep lately and now, a good one was even disturbed.