❄️ Chapter 2 ❄️

"How has she been doing?" Hiruzen asked as he meet up with Grandma Chi and Yumetsuki one evening as they stood on the edge of the little training ground behind the Konoha Orphanage. "I hope she is putting as much attention to Water Style as to Fire Style,"

"Yes," Grandma Chi replied, nodding. "She's amazing with both the Water and Wind Styles – she's much better with those two compared to Fire, I can see,"

"And what about her Ice Style?" Hiruzen inquired. "She remembers some of her father's Jutsus but surely, he couldn't use Ice Style, only Boil and Scorch,"

"I've been going through the Jutsus that she remembers," Grandma Chi answered. "And I've also tried to have her replicate the ones I have seen before. It's a little hard but we're also working on figuring out a way that save her from receiving those scars, too,"

"Have you figured out what causes them?" Hiruzen said and Grandma Chi's expression was serious.

"Yes, and no," Grandma Chi replied seriously. "From what I have seen, it is confirmed that she really has inherited the whole of her clan's Kekkei Genkai, possibly even the cumulation from her mother due to her parents' lack of use of them.

"It puts a burden on body whenever she uses it. There is a chance that it would decrease as she grows up and is able to control her Chakra levels. Too much Ice Style makes her body freeze up, which is already always cold, and her Boil and Scorch makes her cold body melt too rapidly,"

"I see," Hiruzen said as he and Grandma Chi looked ahead at the little girl in the training ground, sitting in front of a bucket of water, concentrating.

It had already been two months since her arrival to Konohagakure.

"There is something I want you to do," Hiruzen spoke up after a moment as he turned to look back at the Konoha Orphanage's matriarch.

"Yes?" Grandma Chi asked.

"I think it's time," Hiruzen continued. "I want you to enrol Yumekointo the Ninja Academy right away," Grandma Chi looked up at him in surprise.

"Are you sure about this, Hiruzen-Sama?" Grandma asked. "Yumeko-Chan is still very young for the Ninja Academy... she can spare an another year,"

"I realise that," Hiruzen replied. "But I do believe that Yumeko can excel even at this age. Maybe we can improve her potential through this, as well as let her open to people,"

"I'm still not..." Grandma Chi protested.

"She's gotten to master quite a bit of her Kekkei Genkai," Hiruzen said. "We should put a stop on it for now and concentrate on other releases... I also believe that joining the Academy will help her get out of her shell, even if it's just a little more. I know that you are hesitant because of how attached you are with her but it might help her out in the long run.

"Just like she struggles with too much Ice and Fire in her veins, I can see that she is suffering from emotional turmoil. Making bonds with others, especially those her age, will help her open up and cleanse herself out. She's always tense and scared, a child mustn't be like that,"

"Yes..." Grandma Chi gave in, sighing slightly.

Hiruzen turned around and left, followed by the elderly woman. Yumetsuki listened to them leave as she continued to stare at the bucket of water in front of her.

Yumetsuki let out a sigh as she closed her eyes and shoved her face into the bucket, feeling the water rush over her head, filling her up to the back of her neck, soaking the collars of her shirt.

❄️