❄️ Chapter 13 ❄️

Yumetsuki had stayed with that thought – Minato had asked her to take care of herself and Kakashi but right now, she could not understand just how she was supposed to do that. She looked toward the Hokage Monument where her Sensei's face had been carved in and she sighed softly. Yumetsuki turned away from the window and looked inside the Konoha Hospital.

People were hurrying along and doing their work, and Yumetsuki was supposed to go out to eat for her lunch break but she had no desire to eat. That was something that Yumetsuki felt would go against the 'take care' that Minato had told her to do. But right now... it seemed exhausting.

It was such a personal trait of hers that it bewildered others – too exhausted to care for oneself. Yumetsuki knew that she had always been a bit cruel to herself but her feelings always overrode the desire to do anything. Her emotions seemed bothersome to her.

"Oh, Yumeko-Chan!"

The familiar feminine voice belonging to Kushina interrupted the young girl's musings, and Yumetsuki turned around to see the radiant redhead waving at her. It was unexpected to see her at the hospital so Yumetsuki waved back curiously and walked over to talk to her.

"Kushina-San, what brings you to the hospital today?" Yumetsuki asked, rather concerned for her sake. "Are you feeling alright? Did you get an injury? Sickness?"

"You're so worrisome, Yumeko-Chan!" Kushina replied brightly. "I'm doing alright, just feeling under the weather and felt the need to check in with my doctor,"

"Ah, I understand, Kushina-San," Yumetsuki said, now feeling a bit embarrassed. "May I walk you to your doctor? I am free from my duty at the moment,"

"Of course, it has been a while since I got to talk to you properly," Kushina said, perking up

That was how Yumetsuki found herself following Kushina, listening to her talk about all sorts of things. It was now that the younger female realised that she reached past Kushina's shoulder now, and she sought concern for others far more than she did for herself.

Kushina's doctor allowed Yumetsuki to come in with her and while the white-haired girl sat next to the suddenly very nervous redhead, the doctor took some tests and compiled a report.

"Congratulations," spoke the doctor suddenly, looking at what information had returned in report.

"What...?" Kushina asked, and she appeared as if she could faint from the anticipation.

"Your due date is... let's see..." continued the doctor, turning to them slightly. Yumetsuki looked surprised as it took her a moment to realise that Kushina was expecting. "October 10,"

"Oh then, yeah!" Kushina said, blushing slightly, taking this news far more pleasantly – it appeared as if she and Minato had planned for this child.

"Kushina-San, congratulations," Yumetsuki spoke, gathering her senses and smiling toward the older woman happily. "May you have a healthy pregnancy,"

"Thank you, Yumeko-Chan!" Kushina exclaimed, her hands clasped together and blushing as she looked toward the girl. "Ne, do you want to be the godmother?"

"I... It will be an honour, Kushina-San," Yumetsuki replied as her cheeks flamed at the thought. She had not expected to ever be given such a title. "Thank you,"

"Let's go have Dango for this celebration!" Kushina said excitedly. "I'm going to be a mother!"

"Um, I think you should tell Minato Sensei about this first," Yumetsuki pointed out. "You are becoming a mother and he is going to be a father, right?"