❄️ Chapter 18 ❄️

December arrived in Konohagakure just days after Yumetsuki's birthday and given how many festivals were held within this month, things were busier than ever. Yumetsuki herself was rather busy with missions in-and-out of Konoha with Shisui while also helping out with all sorts of activities at the Ninja Academy and at the Konoha Hospital as a teacher and a Healer.

It was an important month and many individuals needed some cheering up during this frigid season and both the Academy and the Hospital had events held for their inhabitants. Yumetsuki had to take part in those activities as an active member – it was the first of such occasions that year.

And that was so because Konohagakure, as a village, was healing from its past scars and heading toward a more peaceful time. The economy had improved and things seemed to be positive. Or at the surface, at the very least, as the wide village would soon learn.

Exactly a month after her birthday, December 27th was going to be an important day for Konohagakure, and preparations for it had been leading up since the past two weeks.

Hiruzen, the Third Hokage, and Yumetsuki, his right-hand Shinobi, were constantly meeting up with diplomats around the country and beyond regarding political relations with Kumogakure.

Envoys were visiting all over the country and most of these meetings were held in either the estate of the Fire Daimyo or the Cloud Daimyo until one of them was suggested to be held in Konoha.

Yumetsuki had accompanied Hiruzen constantly to the Country of Cloud which was beautiful place but nothing that she wanted to visit more than once due to how strained the relation it had with not only her home country but also her birth country. It was not a tourist destination, after all.

Even during the last Great War, Yumetsuki had fought against several formidable opponents from that village and she had also had run-ins with Kumogakure Ninjas over the past two years.

Those Ninjas were some of the few that the Yuki Ninja actually found interesting to fight against due to their Lightning-based Jutsus and their speed. Though, nothing was more valuable than peace.

It was the same thing that Yumetsuki found herself talking about with the Third Hokage one day.

"Sensei," Yumetsuki said as she looked toward Hiruzen. "We received a letter from Kumogakure earlier today... and it appears wonderful that they want to bring peace but... do you not think..."

"... that it is too good to be true?" finished Hiruzen. Yumetsuki nodded. "My girl, it does appear to be so... however, given the trajectory of things, if we were to refuse right now, it may only entail further trouble down the line. We will need to keep a close eye on them, however..."

With that, preparations to welcome the envoy part to Konohagakure was in full-swing as the Head Ninja would be visiting and staying in the village as well. The streets bearing his pathway were all decorated all the way up to the Hokage Office and a special building was allocated to host their guests for their duration in the village, which would be at least two days. Everything was set.

"Hiruzen Sensei," Yumetsuki spoke as she arrived into the Hokage Office. She bowed before looking toward him. "I heard from the Hyuga Clan, they request to not attend the ceremony as the Main Clan's eldest daughter, the Heir, Hyuga Hinata will be having her birthday the same day,"

"That is alright," Hiruzen replied. "I want you to go and inform them that they are able to stand out of the ceremony, and I want you to pick something as a gift for the girl on your way on our behalf,"

"What would you like me to pick?" Yumetsuki asked, who had never quite gotten anything for young girls before, and even now, she was unsure what to get for boys like Naruto, too.