❄️ Chapter 10 ❄️

Things changed rapidly in the next two years, even in Konohagakure. Yumetsuki had grown up and taken an active position directly under the Third Hokage. She continuously worked within the Hokage's Office and at the Konoha Hospital. She had also grown-up emotionally, having come to terms with Obito liking Rin, and also regarding feelings others had about her being in Konoha.

Just about a year ago, Minato and Kushina had also gotten married. It was the very first time that Yumetsuki had attended a wedding in Konohagakure, and she had enjoyed it very much. She got to wear a light-blue dress in attendance and had also styled her hair for the first time.

Minato continued to work with his team of two Chunins, Obito and Rin, and Jonin Kakashi. Yumetsuki had often joined them on their missions, though it was very rare to do so.

In recent times, Yumetsuki had also reinvented herself with a new style of clothing with a dark blue jacket with long sleeves and her Yuki Clan crest on the back in white. She was much more battle-ready with her dark shorts, leggings and Shinobi-styled boots.

However, the most drastic change was that the Shinobi world was currently undergoing the Third Great Shinobi World War at the moment in time, and Shinobi of all ages were pulled within it.

Recently, the governments of the Five Great Shinobi Nations had been in turmoil which led to skirmishes involving the Shinobi villages and smaller countries to take place around the borders of each country. And Konohagakure suffered heavy casualties due to the on-going war.

Everyone had been separated according to their expertise, and Yumetsuki had expected that she would either be sent with Grandma Chi as a Medi-Nin or stay back to aid the Third Hokage.

Surprisingly, all the strategists wanted Yumetsuki to play an active role in the war, wanting her to utilise her cursed Ice Style which was capable in long and short ranges both, as well as having the ability to take on multiple opponents at once or targeting a sole powerful figure on her.

"Goodbye for now, Grandma Chi," Yumetsuki said as she gave the elderly woman a hug before stepping back to bow respectfully. "I will see you soon,"

"Take care of yourself, my Yuren-Chan," Grandma Chi said softly in worry. "I will see you soon,"

Looking at the positions of the enemy's' backup, the village advisors had determined that Konoha would need to destroy the Kannabi Bridge in order to keep itself from suffering further.

And for this reason, Minato's team was selected to do the important task at hand, and Yumetsuki had been added within them in order to ensure completion of the task.

On her way to meet Team Minato, Yumetsuki had run into Kurenai, who had told her to be careful and the white-haired girl had promised her that she would see her soon, too.

Minato was waiting in the clearing in the forest which was going to be their starting point. Yumetsuki had arrived second, followed closely by Kakashi and Rin. While the brunette greeted them positively, Kakashi simply nodded and did not say anything.

Kakashi had changed and Yumetsuki could only glance at him before looking away in silence. Ever since that night they had spent together, Kakashi had turned into...

"Did I make it?" shouted as Obito came running late to the clearing, falling right onto his face in a hurry and Yumetsuki looked toward him with concern.

"No," Kakashi retorted. "You're late, Obito," He crossed his arms before he looked down at him. "When did you think we were supposed to meet up?" Yumetsuki frowned. "When becoming a full-fledged ninja, following the rules is common sense, right?"