5

San Francisco, California

"I'll get some gauze from the infirmary" Donna said, walking quickly to the infirmary as Dawn and Ashley helped him inside l.

"You had a chance" Hank said angrily to Dick.

"He would've killed everyone on the bus" Dick defended his actions.

"And he's gonna kill how many more now?" Hank asked him theoretically, anger still lacing his words.

"I'll get him" Dick insisted to him.

"Maybe you've lost the taste for how this works" Hank said, frustrated.

"We'll get another shot Hank" Ashley said, attempting to calm the situation that was beginning to escalate beyond control.

"The old Robin would've taken the first one" Hank yelled at Dick again, getting closer to the couple.

"Hank" Ashley warned the man. "Don't make me de-escalate the situation."

"Hey" Dawn said when she returned. "Hey, that's enough" She told Hank when she saw Ashley's hard glare.

"Come on" Hank said leading Dawn out of the room.

"It's fine, Dick" Ashley said, patting his shoulder.

"Where's Doctor Light?" Jason asked, walking into the room with Gar and Rachel behind him.

"Jason-" Ashley began frustratedly, fighting the urge to sucker punch him back to Gotham.

"Little stealth job on a guy who shoots, what, headlamps?" Jason asked. Ashley sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose as she fought to keep herself under control.

"I'm gonna deck the short ass bastard" Ashley whispered angrily.

"I mean, half the city's on fire and still no sign of Doctor Light" Jason continued on.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him" Ashley muttered, moving forward only to be stopped by Dick.

"Not the time, Jason" He told the teenager firmly.

"Look, I don't take orders from you anymore, man" Jason said, getting up into Dick's face. Ashley cracked her knuckles and saw the subtle sign Dick had given her to calm down. "I do what, when I want" Jason said.

"Need I remind you that if you want to continue being Robin, you have to go through me?" Ashley asked him and Jason looked at her with a mixture of anger and bitterness. "Forgot that little damn detail, didn't you?" Ashley said. "Back your short ass down right now Todd, walk right back down that fucking hallway, and ponder even one good reason why I shouldn't send you back to Gotham with no suit and a bad report?" Ashley asked, getting up in his face. "Just because Dick's too good to beat your ass in the middle of the living room, doesn't mean I won't" Ashley reminded him.

"You're not going to do anything" Jason said darkly. "Daddy's got you wrapped around his finger and you know he'll get pissed when he finds out you threatened his favorite Robin" Jason threatened.

"Jason out of all of us in here, who's the Gotham bitch?" Ashley asked him. "Who started the witch hunt in Gotham?" Ashley asked the boy darkly. "It definitely wasn't you" She said, narrowing her eyes. "There's a reason there's blood on my hands, go on and ask my father why" Ashley laughed darkly. "I'm sure he remembers the stories that were told by thugs on the street and the blood I would come home covered with every night, and every single thing that stupid ass city put his daughter through, and yet despite it all she still managed to come out on the top, so by all means" Ashley whispered and smirked. "Go ahead and try me" Ashley said darkly, her eyes narrowed threateningly. "Also news flash bitch boy, you're not scary and you're not wanted here so move along" She breathed out, smirking. "Also if you think you're the favorite Robin, you're about as delusional as Harley when Joker tells her that he loves her" Ashley told him, smirking as he sneered at her.