10

San Francisco, California

"I still can't get a hold of that asshole" Ashley complained on the phone with Jade.

"What is so important he can't even pick up the fucking phone?" Jade questioned. "Fuck man, I'm sitting here stalking your psycho killer mom and I can still answer the damn phone" Jade chuckled.

"Yeah well, she's not the only psycho killer there Jadeypoo" Ashley reminded her as she filed her nails as she waited for the food to finish cooking in her beloved air fryer.

"See, I know I'm crazy but the definition of crazy is not knowing that you're crazy" Jade said. "So at that point am I really crazy or just self-aware?" She questioned her best friend.

"I don't know" Ashley shrugged even though Jade couldn't see her. "Psychotically self-aware maybe?" She offered.

"I like it" Jade laughed. "I'm psychotically self-aware. I'll have to shove that down Roy's throat later" She schemed.

"Don't kill Roy, he's one of the few stable things I've got in life" Ashley scoffed.

"I know, that's why he's still alive" Jade laughed and Ashley heard her scoot her metal chair back to undoubtedly follow her mother again.

"How kind of you" Ashley laughed and a small smile grew on her face despite the circumstances currently occurring. She waved goodbye to Eve as she left, noticing that Connor wasn't with her. "I guess he's staying after all" Ashley said to herself.

"Who's staying?" Jade asked her.

"I wound up with a comatose Kryptonian in my care and I guess he decided to stay" Ashley explained. "He woke up about an hour ago."

"I swear all these damn kids keep falling in your lap" Jade said with a small laugh.

"When exactly did I say he was a kid?"

"Fine, how old is he?" Jade asked her.

"Technically he's like six months old but he has the brain of a seventeen and body of a twenty-year-old" Ashley told Jade, practically shouting with joy when the fryer dinged. "Anyways, where are you at now? I didn't even ask which city you were in" Ashley said, feeling bad.

"Coast City" Jade sighed. "I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to make a break for the Bay" Jade told her.

"I'll keep an eye out then. Can't be too safe when she's on the loose" Ashley sighed and shook her head as she shredded the chicken on her plate and grabbed a jar of queso from the pantry. "You would think Ras would've honored the deal, it's like he's taunting me now" Ashley admitted as she poured the queso on top of the queso and pulled the bag of microwave rice out of the microwave, and put some on her plate before mixing everything together.

"Either he's about to go postal or he thinks you've dishonored the deal" Jade said. "And very rarely does Ras go postal."

"That or something happened that none of us know about yet" Ashley sighed. "No matter what this doesn't bode well for any of us" Ashley said and took a bite of her food.

"I don't know, but no matter what you have to be careful" Jade told her. "Ras is off the radar, your mother's running around doing God knows what and word on the street has it that Luthor somehow managed to crack the metagenes code and is looking to test it out."

"Test it out?" Ashley questioned. "I'm going to beat the shit out of him one of these days, and no one will be able to blame me."

"Tell me about it" Jade snorted as she let out a brief laugh. "Wouldn't surprise me if the bastard went straight for you, you literally are Dinah with dark hair. He's unfortunately smart enough to make that connection."