16

San Francisco, California

Ashley sighed as Connor threw another police car and stood protectively near Rachel, waiting for Connor to become cornered. "You remember what to do?" Ashley asked her, trying to make sure everything would fall into place. 

"Yes, We'll be fine" Rachel assured her. 

"It's not me I'm worried about, kid" Ashley told her. Ashley saw the gold of Donna's lasso out of the corner of her eye and walked out with Rachel standing behind her.

"Rachel, now" Dick ordered. Rachel quickly complied and Ashley stepped out of her way and Ashley watched Connor struggle inside the lasso. 

"Connor it's time to come home, we're family" Ashley reminded him and his struggle stopped for the shortest second. 

"Dick hurry up, this guy's really strong" Rachel told Dick, struggling against Connor. "It's all you now" Rachel told him. 

"It's all us now" Dick corrected her quietly. 

"Bring him home Grayson" Ashley said to him. Dick nodded at her and soon he was engulfed by Rachel's darkness. Ashley kept watch over Rachel, waiting for something to happen. 

"Connor" Ashley yelled when she saw his eyes open. 

"Please let me go" Connor pleaded. "So I can end this." Ashley looked over to Dick who silently agreed, so Donna and Rachel let him go. He looked around awkwardly while the rest of the team remained in defensive mode. 

"You good bud?" Ashley asked him. He nodded at her and looked like he was looking for the proper words to say. 

"Thank you" Connor told Dick sincerely. 

"Let's go, big guy. She fucked me up too" Ashley told him and she and Connor walked off while the rest of the team looked at each other with confused expressions. 

"She said she'd explain later" Donna said with a shrug. "We just had to get them back first."

Ashley stayed behind Connor as the men shot at them, desperately trying to take the Kryptonian boy down, and Ashley smirked at the expressions of dread laced across their faces. Ashley and Connor split up after they backed them up behind the armored truck. Ashley took out the two men on her side quickly and ripped on the back of the truck. "Mercy isn't here" Ashley told Connor and grinned maliciously at the man in the truck. "Where is she?" She asked the man who looked like Ashley caught him without his pants on. 

"I don't-" The man began. 

"Don't say you don't know, that makes me very mad. Didn't Mercy tell you what happens when I get mad?" Ashley asked him and he gulped. 

"She just left roughly two minutes ago" The man informed her. Ashley hummed and they shut the doors to the truck. 

"Split up?" She asked Connor. 

"Together?" He asked her. 

"Every step of the way kid" Ashley promised. Connor and Ashley made their way between the various vans and SUVs littering the Park as they searched for Mercy. 

"It's over for you" Connor said, stepping in front of her.

"This is for Lex Luthor" Kory said, punching Mercy as hard as she could in the face, causing Ashley to laugh. 

"Fuck you bitch" Ashley laughed as she watched Mercy fall, knocked out from the force of the punch. 

"Damn it" Kory said, clutching her fist as she dance around in pain. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ashley asked Kory.

"It might be broken" She said gesturing to her hand.