15

San Francisco, California

Ashley let out a breathy sigh as she to the Tower, purposely avoiding anyone that could be inside at the moment. She made her way to the tech room and shut and locked the door behind her and decided to see if any of her old teammates were inside. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw that the apartment appeared to be empty and started to memorize the CADMUS blueprints since she would undoubtedly be storming the laboratory single-handedly. She sighed and leaned back in the chair.

"So much to do, so little time."

♠♠♠

Ashley took in a deep breath while reading through the second-floor plans and her phone rang miraculously with Donna's number flashing across her screen. "Hello?" Ashley answered temperately, deciding to not be hostile toward Donna. 

"Hey, we need you" Donna said, worry lacing her tone. "And where the hell have you been?" She questioned Ashley like a worried mother. 

"Indisposed" Ashley answered. "What's so wrong that I need to go to wherever the hell you are?" Ashley huffed. "I got more important shoes to fill."

"Kory and Rachel want to talk about something important, surely that's worth your time?" Donna asked, trying to keep from getting mad at the Wayne. 

"Where am I going?" Ashley asked, going to place the toy car back on the carpet where she had found it. 

"We're inside the tower, we're all here" Donna told her. 

"You're all there?" Ashley asked in concern. "Even Gar, Connor, Dick, Hank-" Ashley began to list off people that she knew would not be with her. 

"I meant Dawn, Rachel, and I" Donna sighed.

"Give me a few minutes, I'm busy" Ashley sighed,

"Jericho's alive?" Ashley heard Donna ask. "Don't tell me Dick actually said that."

"Well, more like scrawled it on the wall of his cell" Rachel replied.  "Like caveman-style."

'Dick was in a cell?'' Ashley asked herself in confusion. 'What the hell did I miss?" She questioned herself, not wanting to draw any attention back to herself, even with Donna turning to face her with a meager "Hey."

 "I don't even know what that's supposed to mean" Dawn said with her arms crossed. 

"It's a style Neanderthals used to depict images in cave walls. Usually, battle scenes or hunting" Kory explained helpfully. 

"Oh good god" Ashley muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose.  

"I meant that Jericho's alive" Dawn cleared up sarcastically.

"Oh sorry" Kory replied and Ashley pinched the bridge of her nose. 

"Well one thing's for sure, he has clearly lost his mind" Donna said, gripping the wooden table. 

"But I keep having these dreams about Dick being killed by Deathstroke" Rachel said softly.  "And they're not going away. We need to do something about that."

"I believe you-" Donna began before Ashley interrupted. 

"Oh, who cares about that" Ashley huffed, rolling her eyes to mask her worry over her ex. "I'm more interested in finding Gar and Connor instead of sitting here talking about my ex."

"What?" Dawn asked in confusion, her eyebrow arched as a perplexed look covered her face. "Before we all split he was only talking about giving you a real-" Dawn began before being interrupted.