11

San Francisco, California

Ashley had awoken to a quiet and an empty bed and she looked around confused before remembering the events of the day before. "Oh my god" Ashley groaned, turning on the phone she had turned off the day before. She scrolled through her many notifications, mostly from Roy and Jade. She had a couple of messages from her former team members excluding Kory and Rachel. She had one message from Dick that simply read 'I'm sorry and Ashley merely sighed. "I'm sorry too" She said to herself, before typing 'Goodbye' to him and forcing her emotions down, no matter how much she wanted to stay in bed and cry. She surprisingly had a voicemail from her father, but she didn't bother to listen to it. Ashley got herself out of bed and got ready for the day, dressed in her business clothes so she could go to the office after checking on Gar and Connor. "How is he?" Ashley asked, walking into the infirmary room and seeing Krypto laying on Connor. "Hey boy" She said excitedly and the dog groaned, causing Ashley to laugh. Gar smiled when he saw her smile again. "Have you had breakfast?" She asked Gar. 

"Done and done" Gar said. "He's holding steady, should wake up any time." 

"Good, if I'm not home by seven there's a card on the counter you can use to order in dinner and use it for lunch too if you don't feel like cooking" She told him. 

"Where are you going?" Gar asked her, alarm resting on his features. 

"To work" Ashley replied. "I have five companies to run, and I'm conducting two inspections today. I don't how long I'll be, but I'll be back tonight for sure" She assured Gar who immediately let out a breath of relief. 

"Okay, just making sure" Gar said with a smile. 

"And I'm also on call for my other job, so I'll try to let you know if I have to be gone longer" Ashley told him. 

"Right" Gar nodded. "You're agent job" He laughed. "It's like living in a tv series" Gar smiled at her. 

"Oh, it's much more dramatic than that" Ashley laughed. "So dramatic and you will never know about it" Ashley smiled. "Have a good day Gar. I'll check in on you later" Ashley said as she walked out the door to head out to conquer the world, one ugly businessman at a time. 

♠♠♠

The next days went by fairly uneventfully and both Gar and Ashley had begun to fall into a routine. In the morning, it was breakfast at eight, then Ashley would go to get ready to go into the office and Gar would look after Connor and put his daily post-it note in the kitchen, then when she would come home they would sit on the couch eating dinner and watching random television shows before doing nightly training and going to bed only to back to doing the same thing the next morning. Ashley wouldn't admit to anyone though that as well her and Gar's routine seemed to work for them, they were increasingly more depressed as time went by. Ashley spent most of her nights sleepless, tossing and turning in the bed she shared with Dick only to not be able to catch more than a few hours of sleep at night if she were lucky. Halfway through her workday on the fourth day after everyone had left, she was at work and received a call from Gar that almost made her scratch her head a bit though it had made her smile nonetheless. 

"Hey Gar" Ashley answered happily, scrolling through yet another expense report that had just been sent to her minutes prior. 

"Hey Ash" Gar said awkwardly. "Connor's awake, where did you put those clothes for him at?" He asked sounding awkward. 

"Go in my room and look on my dresser, there should be a folded pair of everything for him there and then there's more in the linen closet by Dawn's room that should fit him too" Ashley told him with a wild smile on her face. "I guess I'm coming home early" Ashley told him before hanging up. "I'm leaving early Rebecca" Ashley said after she had grabbed her purse and exited her office. "Send anything I need to see to my home computer, family emergency" She told her secretary.