002: All I Want For Christmas Is You

༺ All I Want For Christmas Is You ༻

     Megara hadn't spent Christmas with Ricky since they were like... eight (or something like that).  Needless to say, the girl was a bit nervous about it.  What do you get the guy who you just spent the last semester fake dating in an attempt to get your ex off your back?  The guy who you've been fighting with since you met in the sandbox?  The guy who nearly kissed you?

     Forget about that.

     The dark-haired girl had been trying to get Ricky's doe eyes as he stared down at her out of her head since the minute it happened, but the feeling of his skin brushing against hers as he shifted his arms to come closer to her was not helping.  Like, at all.

     There was absolutely no way her family could find out about her relationship with Ricky, it was bad enough that her father was always around asking questions.  A big reason why Megara found herself spending more and more time with Ricky and his friends was that she was starting to realize she hated being stuck home alone.  But besides all of this, Ricky and his dad had known her family forever — especially her dad's sister, her Nina slash Aunt Carmen who had even gone as far as having Ricky as the ring bearer in her wedding (which also featured Megara as the flower girl) when the kids were about twelve.  Needless to say, Ricky was invited to Christmas.  Especially this year, since Lynne was in Chicago.

     "Is Bowen here yet?" Megara opened the back door and poked her face inside, allowing her younger cousins to run in before her.  The smell of various homemade foods flooded the air; potatoes, ham, mac and cheese, the works.

     The doorbell rang, hardly cutting through the noise of everything else going on - her younger cousins chasing each other around the table, two loud uncles conversing on the couch about various projects they were working on, aunts and grandmother gossiping in the hallways as her aunt Carmen and her dad set the table.  Carmen nodded towards the front door.  "Must be them."

     Megara set off for the front door, determined to get there first without any complications.  She opened the door quickly, a breeze flowing through her dusty purple long sleeve (she had never been much for bright Christmas colors).  It was thin and slightly translucent, so she paired it with a black spaghetti strap underneath.  Long and shiny dark locks of her hair draped over her shoulders.  As for the rest of her outfit; dark baggy jeans and black Converse.  In recent years, she would sometimes wear shoes with heels or wedges to add some height, but lately, it had not been her vibe.

     "Well, if I knew you were gonna wear purple, I would have changed," Ricky tilted his head, sporting his own thick sweater in a deep shade of purple. 

     "Please, everyone knows I look better in it," Megara remarked.

     "Tell us how you really feel, Megara," Mike sarcastically, stifling a chuckle as he saw the disapproving look on his son's face.  "Oh, you're even wearing the same shoes!"