005: Talk Crazy To Me

༺ Talk Crazy To Me ༻

     "Red, is she playing my mixtape?"

     Megara was surprised more and more lately by Big Red and his family, and she assumed she would be more now than ever now that she took up a job at his family's pizzeria.  One of the many ways she was surprised by his mother was by how her job interview was literally five minutes long before she was handed a shirt and told to start ASAP.  But what was recently taking the cake, was the fact that Megara's mixtape (the same very one she just had Big Red hide for her) was playing throughout the pizzeria.

     She wiped her flour-coated hands on her apron as she watched Big Red try to lie to her, her eyebrow twitching as she noticed he was stalling and stuttering while answering her.  "I, uh, no... I don't think so."

     Megara patted the dough in front of her again as she stared at him from over the counter where she was working on getting the pizzas prepped to go into the oven.  "You're a horrible liar.  You said you'd hide it!"

     Big Red placed his palms on the counter, wearing a matching white shirt with the logo and colored sleeves as he leaned closer to her.  "At least it doesn't have his name on it.  Nobody knows you made it."

     Megara rolled her eyes as she grabbed the large spoon and spread sauce across the middle of the pale dough.  "Yeah, whatever."

     Big Red sighed as he started preparing boxes for when the pizzas would be done cooking.  "Do you have a dress for the wedding yet?"

     Megara shook her head, still focusing her gaze on the pizza in front of her.  "No, she's asked me to be a bridesmaid so I have to go grab this specific dress to try on but since the wedding is so close I don't think many alterations could be made.  The good news is that the wedding colors are pastel yellow and red, so there's really not many ways that can be screwed up unless the dress design is... really goddamn awful."

     Her ginger friend nodded as he listened to her talk, even though he was a little bit confused.  A lot of time spent between Big Red and Megara was like that.  "Okay... so are you guys doing the matching thing?"

     Megara shook her head again, tilting it as if pizza making was the most interesting thing on the planet.  "Um, I haven't asked him, but I don't think—"

     Big Red eagerly cut her off.  "You guys should definitely match, even if it's just the tie or the boutonniere, I think Ricky will be all about it.  There are many ways to differentiate from the wedding party's outfits, so Ricky won't look like a groomsman."

     Finally, Megara raised her gaze from the dough, reaching for more shredded cheese to dust on her sauce.  "Wow, Red.  Why do you know so much about weddings?"

2 | He Could Be The One ── Ricky Bowen ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara