Chapter Three: Meeting Elijah

Trevor walks into the room where Elena, Rose, and I were already in he looked stressed

Trevor walks into the room where Elena, Rose, and I were already in he looked stressed. "He's here! This was a mistake," he says frantically Rose walks over to him. "No, I told you I would get us out of this. You have to trust me." She says to him.

"No! He wants me dead, Rose!"

"He wants her more."

"I can't do this. You give her to him, he'll have mercy on you but I need to get out of here."

"Hey! What are we?"

"We're family, forever." He says before someone knocks on the door causing Trevor to jump in terror. "You're scared." Elena comments I turn and look at her with an expression that could only mean, 'Have you not been listening?' Rose walks up the stairs before stopping and looking at Trevor. "Stay here with them, and don't make a sound."She says before leaving.

Elena and I turn around hearing two pairs of footsteps. The man stands at the top of the stairs dressed in a suit hair neatly combed. He speeds over to us causing me to subconsciously position myself in front of Elena in a protective stance the lights flickering violently around the room. "That's far enough," I growl his eyes growing wide smelling us. "Human. It's impossible." He says before looking behind me at Elena who has tears of fear in her eyes. "Hello there." He says to her. Elijah turns around, "We have a long journey ahead of us. We should be going." He says Elena looks at Rose in terror, "Please, don't let him take us." she says squeezing my hand my voice cracking. Elijah looks to Trevor, "One last piece of business." He comments, as they talk my eyes grow wide with horror realizing he pardoned Rose but, not Trevor. "Elena close your eyes!" I shout as I turn around pulling her into my shoulder. I hear Rose scream and I turn around seeing Elijah has smacked his head clean off. Rose goes to take a step towards Elijah as he wipes away the blood on his hand. "Don't, Rose, now that you are free." He says before looking at Elena and me. "Come." He says softly holding out his hand.

"No, what about the moonstone?" I say trying to waste time. He speeds over stopping in front of me. "What do you know about the moonstone?"

"I know you need it and I know where it is."

"Yes?"

"I can help you get it."

"Tell me where it is."

"It doesn't work that way."

"Are you negotiating with me?" He asks before looking at Rose. "It's the first I've heard of it." she says honestly. He turns back to me and tries to compel me, causing me to smirk. "Oh, you see I drink vervain every day," I tell him causing him to growl before smirking and speeding over Elena where he rips off her necklace. I try to jump at him but Rose holds me back. Elena tells him where the moonstone is when suddenly we hear glass shattering from upstairs. Elijah grabs me and Elena and we move towards the front door. Elijah throws Elena into Rose's arms, holding me tightly. I smirk softly to myself as Damon and Stefan taunt him, he gets shot in the hand and I feel arms wrap around my waist rushing me over to where Rose is. I focus and cause Elijah to grip his head in pain. Damon takes this opportunity to stake him against the door. I can't help but stop and look at him. "For the one that is supposed to be honorable and noble, he appears to be the exact opposite," I comment softly looking him over I touch him and I'm suddenly flooded with his memories. I fall back Damon catching me before I fall unconscious.

I wake up as Damon carries me into my Aunt Jenna's house I look at him confused when Jeremy runs over pulling me into his arms hugging me tightly. I hug him back tightly hiding my head against his chest. I walk with him up to the guest room deciding it's best to spend the night rather than try to drive back home.

Word Count: 713