Chapter Sixteen: A New Kind Of Hybrid

I watch as Klaus opens a bag of blood and pours it into a mug before sliding it over to me

I watch as Klaus opens a bag of blood and pours it into a mug before sliding it over to me. I catch it and surprise myself. I swallow softly and look at everyone Kol is sitting next to me holding me close. I look at the mug and slowly drink it, I set the mug down. I shiver gently and unclench my hands and suddenly the mug flies across the room and smashes against the wall. I jump along with everyone else, "Wait... I thought witches can't be vampires." I say looking at everyone. "You're a different kind of hybrid," Rebekah says. If I was still alive my heart would be hammering right out of my chest and given away to them that I was scared. I run a hand through my hair gently and look at Kol. Everyone else leaves so we could talk, "Kol," I start but he cuts me off, "Nyx, we need to leave. It's obviously not safe here for the family, especially not with my mother and Finn still out there," He tells me I nod my head gently. "I was going to say the same, but I also need to leave I can't be here until I can control everything," I tell him. He nods and kisses my head, "We will leave in an hour then." He states, I nod I speed out of the house not really paying attention tunnel vision taking over. I make it to the Salvatore's house and I gently knock on the door. Damon answers the door and looks at me. "Nyx you have a key for a reason." He tells me I lift a hand and it gets stopped by the border. "Damon I can't come in." He looks confused and I swallow. "Damon I used too much power with Esther and Finn. I died... I'm a vampire now." I explain to him. He looks at me with sorrow in his eyes. "I'm so sorry Nyx," he says and I shake my head. "Kol and I are gonna leave so I can learn control and figure out how I still have my powers," I tell him. "Damon please take care of Elena for me." He nods and hugs me gently before I run back.

When I get back Kol is in the car waiting for me Rebekah, Klaus, and Elijah are all standing there looking at me sadly and I walk over to them. "Bex, Nik, Lijah; I-" I start again but Rebekah cuts me off by running over and hugging me tightly. "It's alright we understand. We came to say goodbye." Elijah says Rebekah turns around and shoots him a death glare. "Or well we will see you later because knowing Rebekah she won't let you be gone long," Klaus says causing me to laugh. I go up and hug the boys tightly. "I'll make sure Kol stays in check. I'll call and give you all updates." I tell them. Elijah hands me a bag, "These are all of the grimoires from both your family and ours. I think they will help." He tells me and I smile. "Thank you Lijah, I'll call you guys when we get somewhere," I tell them before I go and get in the car. I smile and kiss Kol on the cheek and we drive away.

Word Count: 577