Chapter Seventeen: Killing My Happiness

I scream in horror as I am trapped banging on the barrier of the front entrance

I scream in horror as I am trapped banging on the barrier of the front entrance. I lock eyes with Kol before he bursts into flames. Tears stream down my face as I fall to the ground sobs raking through my body when suddenly a strong force of energy shoots from my body causing cars to start going off and everything in the house shatter. Klaus picks me up and runs from the house bringing me to our old house and setting me on the couch kissing my head before leaving. I sit on the couch hugging my knees and just staring at the ground the vivid image of Kol on the ground dead burned in my brain. I hear a whoosh of air pass me and I look up to see Rebekah. "Oh god, it's true," she says with tears in her eyes. I nod simply and wipe my eyes, "I-I came to surprise him. It's our anniversary today, did you know that. It's our anniversary." I say laughing as tears fall faster. I pull my long sleeves over my hands, and Rebekah takes a seat next to me. "It's supposed to be a happy day. Instead, my siblings killed him, they killed him right in front of me. All while I begged for them to let me in and help." I cry, I pull out a small black box and show her a ring. "I found this, last week," I tell her she pulls me into a tight hug, and we both cry.

I go back to my house with Rebekah and I look at her after opening the door with my magic I look to Klaus. "I'm going to put him to rest," I promise him before turning to Rebekah. "I need you to snap my neck then toss my body on the stairs," I tell her. She looks at me in horror. "What?!" she shouts I nod. "Neither of us is invited in here. So kill me and throw me in. I can grab Kol and get him out." I explain to her. She looks at me sadly and snaps my neck and I lose consciousness. I wake up and the feeling of not being able to breathe is overwhelming I look around and see that my plan actually worked I ran around the living room into the dining room where I pick up Kol's body before running out of the house and collapsing on to the porch gasping. We bring Kol back to the house and Rebekah helps me put him in his casket I touch his cheek gently and use my magic to make his burns disappear. I lean down and kiss his lips gently, "I love you Kol." I whisper to him before Rebekah comes back in and hugs me. "Rebekah I can't stay here," I tell her. She looks down at me and nods understandingly. "Where will you go?" She asks me I swallow and wipe away my tears. "I got a call from an old friend in New Orleans. They need my help, so I'm gonna go there and I'm going to see if there is any way I can bring him back." I tell her. She nods and hugs me again. "I'll tell Nik. You should leave fast though."She says and I nod as she hands me her car keys.

When I arrive in New Orleans I'm dragged by Sophie and Marcel to a graveyard. I gasp in horror as I see these witches performing a ritual known as the Harvest. Marcel and Sophie goes after the other witches I pull the last girl away from the alter holding her as she cries and clings to me. "It's okay. You're alright." I tell her Marcel grabs us both and brings us to my car I sit in the passenger seat and the girl sits in the back seat. We travel to a church and he brings up upstairs into an attic. I mutter a protection spell and look at the girl and cover my mouth seeing it is Davina. "Oh, my Davina," I say softly she looks up and it just registers with her who I am. "Nyx!" she shouts and runs to me hugging me tightly. I hold her close and pet her head gently. "You've been through so much you poor girl. I swear the witches won't get to you ever again." I promise her. I set her up on the bed there and I go downstairs to talk to Marcel. "Marcel she can't stay up there it's not safe even with the protection and cloaking charm," I tell him, he nods. "I know I just, I don't know what to do." He tells me softly. I perk up getting an idea. "I do. I'll buy a house outside of town but put it in Davina's name, but on any documents that have public access we put an alias." I tell him. He thinks about it, "Fine but, as long as it is outside of town." He says making me nod.

~One Month Later~

I walk with Davina to show her, her new room in the house that I bought. "So you'll be free to roam the grounds until we know it's safe Marcel would like you to not go into the city. I got a job performing in Rousseau's so I can keep up appearances." I explain to her as she looks around the room in wonder. "I also got you a great number of art supplies for you in the drawing room." I tell her she smiles at me happily. "Thank you, Nyx for everything." She says hugging me gently I hug her back gently. "No problem, little D. I got to go get ready for work okay, I'll bring you back your favorite from the restaurant." I tell her and she smiles. I go to my room and change before I get into my car and drive into town. 

Davina and Marcel only know about the fact that I lost someone

Davina and Marcel only know about the fact that I lost someone. I never told them that the person I lost was one of the originals. I could tell Marcel is still angry about them leaving him when Mikeal attacked. I park behind Rousseau's and walk in the back waving hello to Cami. I get up on stage and look over the setlist with the band before tapping the mic. "Hello everyone, welcome to Rousseau's first night of having a live band play, my name is Nyx Gilbert. I hope you all enjoy." I say everyone claps. After our first five songs, I look towards the bar and freeze seeing Elijah. I look away and swallow gently before the next song starts, (Song up top)

Loving and fighting, accusing, denying

I can't imagine a world with you gone

The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of

I'd be so lost if you left me alone

You locked yourself in the bathroom

Lying on the floor when I breakthrough

I pull you in to feel your heartbeat

Can you hear me screaming? Please don't leave me

Hold on, I still want you

Come back, I still need you

Let me take your hand, I'll make it right

I swear to love you all my life

Hold on, I still need you

Long endless highway, you're silent beside me

Driving a nightmare I can't escape from

Helplessly praying, the light isn't fading

Hiding the shock and the chill in my bones

They took you away on a table

I pace back and forth as you lay still

They pull you in to feel your heartbeat

Can you hear me screaming? Please don't leave me

Hold on, I still want you

Come back, I still need you

Let me take your hand, I'll make it right

I swear to love you all my life

Hold on, I still need you

I don't wanna let go

I know I'm not that strong

I just wanna hear you

Saying, "Baby, let's go home"

Let's go home

Yeah, I just wanna take you home

Hold on, I still want you

Come back, I still need you

I smile gently hearing into the conversation that Elijah and Cami are having. After he leaves I walk over to her. "So what did he want?" I asked, she shrugs. "His brother is in a bind thinking people are against him. So he is here to fix it. I sent him to Sabine," she tells me and I nod getting up from my seat. "You know him?" she asks me. "He's the brother of my soulmate," I tell her before walking out the backdoor. I get to my car and set Davina's food in the passenger seat I drive to the bookstore and pick up my order. I set the books in the back of the car and stop feeling someone watching me. "Hello, Elijah."

Word Count: 1486