Chapter Ten: Dinner Parties and Broken Promises

Dream Outfit

Regular Outfit

Regular Outfit

I was standing in a large open field dressed in a beautiful pale pink gown with embroidered vines and birds on it

I was standing in a large open field dressed in a beautiful pale pink gown with embroidered vines and birds on it. I walk around the clearing taking in the surroundings, I stop seeing a figure with his back to me. I swallow stepping forward tapping the man's shoulder he turns around and smiles seeing me. "Hello love, I was wondering when I would see you again." He says I take in his features, "Kol?" I asked tilting my head to the side. He smirks stepping forward and brushes some loose strands of hair from my face. "I can't wait to meet you." He tells me.

I wake up my eyes blinking slowly registering the world around me. I sit up and walk downstairs searching for Elijah he waves to me from outside the house and points to the man at the table with the stack of papers. I nod and spend the next half an hour filling out the paperwork the man shakes my hand and leaves. I walk out to where Elijah is waiting for me. "Elijah, did you give me that dream of Kol?" I ask him confused. He looks at me with a raised eyebrow, "No, you had a dream about Kol?" He asks walking over to me and I nod. "It was very vivid he said that he had been wondering when he would see me again and he couldn't wait to meet me." I tell him he hums, "Kol was one of my siblings that could tap into his witch side he was always a fast learner. It wouldn't surprise me that he has found a way into your dreams from the other side." He explains to me. I laugh softly, "What's so special about me I mean why would your brother be trying to contact me?" I ask confused. Elijah chuckles, "Well I think that is something you would have to ask him, but just know. My family has known you for a very long time." He says getting up, "Oh I told Jenna and Alaric that you will be my plus one to dinner tonight at the Salvatore House." He informs me before disappearing.

I think about what he told me when I suddenly get a piece of paper popping in front of my vision I open it and I am surprised to see that it is a note from a witch in New Orleans I know named Sophie. It was asking me to come down to New Orleans as soon as possible it was an emergency. I call Elijah as I run to my room and pack up a suitcase with clothes and grimores. "Elijah after the dinner I need to leave to go some place. I will be safe but, a friend needs my help." I tell him my voice filled with worry. "Okay Nyx, someone should be there soon to drop off your car just keep me updated, and please at the first sign of trouble from Damon, run." He tells me. I swallow softly, "I promise." I tell him before I hang up. I grab my bags and bring them downstairs so they are ready to go after the dinner. I jump in the shower and do my hair and makeup before changing in to my outfit for the dinner. I grab my bags and my keys, I lock up the house and set my bags in the car. I hum softly along to the radio while I drive, when I pull up to the Salvatore house I get out of my car and I am met by Elijah.

Damon was glaring daggers at me all night and I just brushed them off ignoring his stare when John joins us I become visibly uncomfortable. I am so tuned out of the conversation and everything that is going on that I'm finally brought back to Alaric stabbing Elijah in the heart with a dagger. Elijah looks at me with wide eyes and mouths one word to me. 'Run.' I jump up while Damon is moving Elijah's body and I take off running for my car. Alaric and John chase after me but I peel out of there before they even touch my car. I drive past the now leaving Mystic Falls sign when my phone starts to ring. I answer it and and put it on speaker. "Not a great time right now." I say to whoever is calling me. "Where did you go Nyx?" Damon's voice slipping through the speaker full of worried. "I have to go take care of something. A witch I know needs help, I might get some help with what is going on. It's not like you all need me there you are perfectly fine doing things without me." I tell him before hanging up and turning off my phone. 

Word Count: 850