Chapter Thirteen: Remeets and Memories

Esther walks with her family into the living room where I was currently sitting reading a grimoire

Esther walks with her family into the living room where I was currently sitting reading a grimoire. "Elijah would you kindly introduce me to the young witch you are friends with," she says making me look up noticing everyone is looking at me like a confusing specimen. "Ah yes, family please allow me to introduce to you Nyx Gilbert, she is a descendent of the Petrova bloodline." He explains holding out a hand to me. I take his hand standing up, "Nyx as you have previously met, this is my mother, Esther Mikaelson." He says she takes my hand gently she gasps, "You are a very powerful young witch Nyx." she comments causing me to blush. "This is Finn, he is the oldest." Elijah continues Finn takes my hand and shakes it gently. "Thank you for coming up with that wonderful plan to free us." He tells me. "You're welcome." I tell him "As you have already met Rebekah." Rebekah pulls me into a tight hug and whispers in my ear. "I saw that trip you gave Elena it was pretty funny." I smile at her gently. "And last but, not least Kol who well you know him," he says causing me to blush Kol had been watching me the whole time barely blinking like he was afraid I would vanish if he closed his eyes. "Lovely to see you again Kol," I say gently. He takes my hand and kisses my knuckles lightly. I catch Esther smiling watching us from the corner of my eye. "Well, I think it would be best if we all found our quarters," Esther says breaking the small bubble that I was in with Kol. "Of course, Klaus and I will show everyone to their chambers." He says pulling everyone along. I disappear into my room and take the secret stairs up to a personal library Elijah created in the attic for me.

I set my grimoire back on one of the shelves and stand there. I was a bit worried about going back down and seeing Kol again. We had gotten so close in my dreams, I started to fall for him. 'What if he was just my friend because he was lonely?' these intrusive thoughts started hitting my walls like a battering ram. I shake them out of my head and quickly travel back down the stairs I stop seeing Kol standing by my art supplies he has my latest sketchbook in his hand and is flipping through it. "You're very talented." He comments before turning to look at me. I blush and look towards the ground, "Isn't it a bit rude to be in a lady's quarters without her permission Kol?" a voice asks, I look up and see Klaus standing in the doorway. "Just go away, Klaus," Kol tells him, he smirks. "What I was just going to tell our little witch here that in the morning our mother would like to have a chat with her through the gardens." He says with a smirk Kol stands there glaring at him. "Thank you Klaus is that all?" I ask walking more into my room. "Well actually I have one more thing, but it can wait," he tells me before leaving. I run over to the doorway. "Just ask her it's better to know now than to let it stew in your head," I tell him he turns around and smiles kindly before nodding. I smile and close my door and turn back to Kol.

Kol holds up my drawing of him and chuckles, "I will say, love, you do me justice." He teases playfully. I roll my eyes and snatch the sketchbook out of his hands. "Wow, thanks Kol," I say with a small smirk. He wraps his arms around my waist gently and laughs. "It's true love, the drawing is great," he tells me. I smile and look up at him happily, "I'm glad you are finally here. Really here." I tell him gently. He smiles and kisses my cheek ever so gently. "Trust me, I will always find a way to you." He says to me. I close my eyes and suddenly images of me and Klaus together through the years explode in my mind. They start after they were turned into vampires I always died but came back. I gasp softly and turn to face Kol but he is gone. I look around and I realize that it is morning I curse softly to myself and get up and quickly change clothes quickly before running downstairs. "Someone slept in." Klaus remarks as he goes to sip his coffee. I use my magic to flip the mug over spilling the coffee into his lap. He shoots up angrily, "That was for snapping my neck in the forties." I snap at him. He, Elijah, and Rebekah all look at me surprised. "You remember?" They ask surprised and I nod. "Like the back of my hand. Don't worry Elijah you and Rebekah are clear from my anger. I asked you to kill me those times because someone refused to undagger my soulmate." I growl at Klaus angrily before walking away.

I walk outside and smile seeing Esther waiting for me. "Hi Esther, I'm sorry for being late it's been a crazy morning," I tell her she smiles and we walk. "It's quite alright dear, it's not every day we get our memory back from all the times you've come back for your soulmate." She says with a playful smile. I blush softly and look down. "I feel more powerful after getting the memories back as well. Is that normal?" I ask her. She turns to me. "This time I think the spirits know something is different you need all the power you would have gotten over the years," she tells me, I nod and we continue to walk. "Nyx, we are going to be holding a ball as I remember you have always had an amazing voice I would love for you to perform during the ball. Of course, there would be plenty of time for you to dance with Kol." She says I blush again. "For you Esther of course," I promise as we get back to the house. "Great, now I know Rebekah wants to go dress shopping will you go with her, Elijah, and Kol?" She asks me and I nod. We walk in and I am picked up from the ground and spun around. I blush and laugh. "I take it someone told Kol." I laugh looking at Rebekah and Elijah. I'm set back on my feet and Kol smiles at me happily cupping my cheeks and kissing my forehead gently. I close my eyes gently holding his hands. "I missed you Kol." I whisper softly, "I missed you too Nyx." he tells me. He takes my hand and we walk to the car with Elijah and Rebekah. Rebekah sits in the back with me and giggles. "I missed you sister," she says happily hugging me, I smile and hug her back. "I missed you too Bekah."

I groan tiredly and flop on the couches Rebekah listens to the boys instead of me for the 12th time on the same dress. I look at them angrily. "I can take back what I said this morning and come after you Elijah for killing me," I growl at him. He chuckles and holds up his hands in surrender. Rebekah comes out and holds a dress out to me. "Nyx you go try some on. I need to rest my feet." She says pouting at me. I glare at her and stand up taking the dress. "Fine I will but you have to listen to me and get the dress I tell you to get," I say to her pointing a finger. She gives me a little mock salute. "Yes ma'am." She says with a smile on her face. I go into the changing room and change into the dress and sigh softly before walking out.

 I go into the changing room and change into the dress and sigh softly before walking out

 They all look at me in awe. I blush and look away, "Thank you, for all the stares," I joke Rebekah breaks first. "It's stunning on you Nyx," she says softly. Elijah nods, "I think you should try on the pink and green one." he says. I nod and go back and change into the new dress. It hugged my bodice tightly and fanned out from my waist down. 

I stepped out and give Elijah a look, "It's cute but not for me

I stepped out and give Elijah a look, "It's cute but not for me." Kol and Rebekah nod in agreement. I go back try on another dress when I walk out Kol is gone and Rebekah and Elijah both stand up. "That is the one." They say I smile and go and change into my regular clothes and grab the dress Rebekah takes it from me and grabs the one I said she looked good in. We meet back up with Kol and head home. 

Word Count: 1552