NIKI | "I Promise To Stay With You Afterlife"

Survive. Everyone was thinking about how to survive in this world. Shattered people on the ground everywhere, zombies everywhere, and screams... those screams were never stopping everywhere we went to.

The world is losing its human population due to the countless numbers of infected people. All you have to run from the disease. Try to escape or hide.

I'm an only child. My parents haven't come back home from work. I mean they probably wouldn't even come home. They are probably dead and have been turned into those zombies.

It's been 5 days since the chaos. The whole apartment is filled with zombies. And yet there are still screams. Several people have tried to get out of their house but they already got bitten.

So now I think that I could possibly be the only person alive in this whole apartment. That's what I thought but that didn't last long until...

I opened the window after 5 days. It did really Stink in here. It was windy and that helped me a lot with all the new oxygen I needed. Then suddenly someone threw a ball inside. I flinched at how quick it came inside. I was confused for a second. I was too scared to look outside to see who threw the ball so instead, I took it.

"Riki Nishumara" It said. I recognized that name. It was the boy next door. He lived with his parents and sister. We have talked before but we weren't friends or anything.

I got closer to the window and saw Niki waving at me. Our windows were very close to each other so that meant we could literally have a conversation without yelling or shouting.

"Finally! It's been like years you didn't open your window" He said relieved. "Ah yeah sorry I was scared that the zombies might come in" He chuckled at my response. "Don't worry they won't come inside like that"

-

"I'm sorry to hear that. I mean I hope they are at least fine out there right? Besides my parents haven't come home either nor have they sent me anything" I said after he told me that he lived alone for those last 5 days as well. "Yeah, it's fine. I am sorry for yours too" He answered.

We stayed silent for a while when suddenly he got an idea for something. He looked excited to tell me the idea. "By the way. Even though we have zero chance of getting out  of here and getting saved I still have an idea on how to survive" I looked at him confused but nodded right away.

-

He told me about the plan. I wasn't sure if I wanted to agree with him. It was a big risk. But otherwise, both of us would end up dead here because of hunger. I had to give it a go. Even though I'll be rising my life out there I had to. I needed to find my parents at some point.

"Are you sure this is okay? It's risky..." You mumbled. He looked relieved. He was confident, now that you bit of agreed with his plan. "It may be risky for us both, but Y/N. It will be worth it. Let's give it a shot okay? Even if we lose each other I just know that I will never forget about you" He let out a soft smile and caressed my shoulder.

His words were special. I've never in my whole entire life heard such a beautiful speech by a boy. I did really like him. "Okay, Niki. I trust you. So shall we start?" He nodded and started to put all the important things in our bags.

It was dark now. All we had to do was to get to another building. They had an official meet-up rooftop there. So we had a bigger chance to get help.

We had protected ourselves with tons of tape and fit clothes. We had bats to kill those zombies outside. I was so ready and I am pretty sure Niki was too. He looked excited to kill them.

And for so long I haven't seen such a beautiful smile like his. I really needed to see a big smile to brighten up my day. And yet even though people are dying outside I am still feeling happy inside.

"Are you ready?" He asked. "I am so ready" And we quickly opened the door. The zombies were quick to react and we already killed them a while later after struggling. One of them took my arm but Niki was there to help and chopped the head off. It was very scary.

It was just like a movie. And I'm pretty sure Niki was the main character for his good physic and mind skills. He was amazing. He was all I wanted as a boyfriend. But that wouldn't happen. Not a chance. We are just partners who have to help each other to get out of the disaster. No one has time to think about that.

We reached the ground. It was much worse than I expected. These zombies weren't just attacking us by running directly in our direction but they were attacking with different weapons. If you ask me how? Well, I don't know either. These zombies were smart too by grabbing different tools and others.

"NIKI JUST RUN! WHOEVER TRIES TO HURT YOU RUN IN ANOTHER DIRECTION!" I yelled out. "I CAN'T LEAVE YOU BEHIND" I ignored his words. But then he suddenly came running up to me.

I was mad at that but I was also mad at myself for telling Niki to run away so he could leave me behind because what happened was something I would never forget.

Niki came to running up to me. I stopped what I was doing as I just saw him looking worried and scared. "WATCH OUT!"

What? I looked in front of me and saw the zombie who was about to jump on me with a knife in their hand. I quickly tried to cover my head with my arms preparing for my death but i couldn't feel any pain.

"Huh?" I said and looked at Niki. He was standing right in front of me. Blood was coming out from his mouth and stomach. He got stuck and he was bleeding crazy. "Ni-n..Ki!" I started to tear up or no I was crying.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I heard him coughing and he tried to say something but I couldn't hear it clearly. There weren't even zombies left other than the other three ones and the one who killed Niki that I already killed before.

"J-just leave.. Y/N stay s-safe" His eyes were turning red and he was about to close them. I caressed his cheeks as I could feel I was crying like the rain when I met Niki for the first time ever. That first day he came to the town and was going to be my neighbor next door.

"I CANT LEAVE NIKI, I CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT YOU" I shouted. He didn't listen to me. "I want you to live Y/N. You deserve to live. You're a good person. And I wish I could show you how much I loved you. You are amazing and the prettiest person I've ever seen. I really love you... and I promise to stay with you afterlife" And his life went blank.

I didn't hear a single word after standing there for a few minutes as he said his last words. I cried my lungs out and could hear the zombies coming. I didn't bother to stand up. I couldn't get up in the first place. I didn't have the energy.

"I love you Niki" I smiled. I hugged him for the last time before the zombies came to eat the hell out of me. And so finally they did. And I was still smiling even though the pain was hard to take. I told you Niki that I couldn't live without you. Don't expect me to move on.

Can't wait to meet you soon, Niki