JAY | "Back up?"

I'm not that a special person I can say. Not other than being the most talented person in the town (ONLY IN MY TOWN) for my known dancing skills.

I've been dancing since 4th grade but knowing I will never debut hurts. I've been trying to get in, in different companies for the past few years but no one had accepted me other than Belift. I mean I didn't get accepted to be a trainee and maybe have the chance to debut but to be a backup dancer.

It ain't that much but it's okay I'll deal with it. I love dancing and it's my passion. I'm coping with it at least. I still take dance classes but never a role for the popular boy group ENHYPEN's extra stage dancers.

I haven't met ENHYPEN yet but I'm a pre-debut stan. Honestly, I love these boys very much. They are so talented. And if ever one of the stage dancers didn't get to be able to perform I could always get in and replace them.

It would be an honor to meet them. But sadly I never got the chance. Or so I thought.

It's been over a year since ENHYPEN debuted, and oh god I really want to dance with them. I'm still waiting for the call or email from the company.

These days I've been more into this boy group since I've started watching more of their fan cams. Especially the boy named Jay. Park Jay. Jongseong? Whatever you guys call him.

He's madly fine and entertaining. He always has the best fashion style and a sharp jawline. It makes me feel more attached to him than normal. He's just like a drug for me.

It's 2022 and they just released their new album. They have blessed-cursed and polaroid love which I find both very amazing and good. Especially polaroid love. It has such a cute melody. And all about that one girl. Aww, it gives me butterflies in the stomach.

I kept going and thinking like this until someone hit my head. "Hey wake up! Don't start to daydream again and let me teach you this move!"

My good friend startled me. He's a trainee. Very lucky of him. The best thing is he didn't leave me. Even though he could take dance classes in another bigger city he chose to be with me.

"Okay sorry. I just...-" I didn't get to finish when he took both of my hands and made me dance with him. "Park Jay. Please come and get this person before I make them mine~"

He started laughing after making his flirty move like always. "Yah! Stop your irritating. Thinking about that company, this boy group, and that man makes me feel hatred. I literally have no zero chance to meet those guys"

I sulked and went to my jacket to grab my phone. My friend hurriedly came up to me. "Awh come on Y/N don't say that! Your good just wai-" I quickly took both of his arms and shake them.

"IMF ANOCNG IN FANDINH OMDHS JSJSJW IM GOING TO PERFORM WITH ENHYPEN AND THE OTHER DANCERS!" I started yelling not caring if the others would stare at me in disbelief.

"Calm down calm down! I don't even understand what your sayi- WHAT? OMG YES I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU WHAT!" And we ended our day when he took me out to a restaurant for the congratulation.

-

"Name?" The lady asked meanwhile still being on the computer. "L/N Y/N" I answered. "You may go to room B8 on floor 3" I bowed down to her and made my way to the third floor.

I wasn't comfortable enough to take the elevator since most of the workers were busier and had more important things to do. after those 3-4 minutes I was already exhausted from taking those damn stairs. the corridor was full of staff and others.

I couldn't find the members yet. Trying to search for them made me feel like a saseyang so I stopped my actions and went to look out for help. "WE FOUND HER!" someone yelled. I quickly turned my back due to the shout. Is that?- no way.

"Glad you came! The dance practice has already begun come with me" Without hesitation, he took my hand and led me to a room full of dancers and the members as well.

A dance teacher was already standing up and teaching the dancers what moves they were going to learn. "Great to see you here Y/N" The teacher waved. And now it was finally the time. First, I met Jay who took my hand. Oh god, that felt like a dream.

And so I met the other members and dancers. It was a little awkward since all the attention was on me but I moved on by bowing and finding the right place to stand. I was literally shaking the whole time. I needed to stay focused but on the other side of the room, I really couldn't take my eyes off Jay which the mirror was reflecting on him.

There were lots of other backup dancers too since the others got infected by a coronavirus. Kind of happy they got infected or I wouldn't be here. We finally got our break and I decided to chill on the corner so I could watch everyone.

But mostly Jay. I mean I did feel bad about only focusing on him but I enjoyed it a little too. Look I am a big fan and yet I am seeing him for free. Minutes passed and our teacher called us. The ENHYPEN members were there too.

We were in a circle and were listening to our teacher speaking.

"Great so now that I can see we from the other side have learned some of the choreography and I would love to have 3 dancers to dance for us" The meaning was to show everyone what we learned today including ENHYPEN. Jay. And just everyone.

I hoped that the teacher wouldn't choose me to dance but it was too late to pray. "Y/N, Herb and Vogue. Please come and show us what you learned today!" Oh god. I'm probably going to faint right before dancing.

"Thank you for today! See you guys next time! Remember we have a performance so come a little earlier than usual!" The teacher waved us goodbye. Dancing in front of Jay and the others weren't actually that bad.

I mean I just showed them what we learned today and as far as I could see most of them loved it.  I just don't think I got Jay to notice me. Notice me in a beautiful way. Like I would kind of like him to compliment my dancing skills and- ugh never mind this doesn't sound good. Actually having a crush on him feels weird. And disgusting.

I feel like I'm bothering myself too. He's just a dancer he's doing his job- "Hey you forgot this Y/N" someone tapped my shoulder. The voice sounded familiar so I turned my head to the side. "Oh thank you..." It was Jay. He was holding my water bottle.

"I just forgot that. My bad" I bowed down. I could hear my own voice shaking. "No need to. By the way, I'm very impressed with your dancing skills. Not saying this because I'm a dance teacher but I really want you to perform with us and the others. You deserve it"

He let out a soft smile. Me? Good at dancing? I mean surely yes but that was such a cute compliment. Especially since it was a from an idol.

Thank you Park Jay, I really appreciate it-" "Don't call me Park Jay. Jongseong is enough. Everybody calls me that. Your special you get to call me Jongseong" He smirked and handed me the water bottle. "I'll see ya next time, bud"

And with that, he left me with burning cheeks. On my water bottle, I found a sticker with a phone number. Under that, it said: "Call me whenever you are free :)" This must be a dream I thought. No way it was actually a dream. Oh god.

"WAKE UP Y/N YOU HAVE SCHOOL!"