5

THE NEXT day, Carson went to do some shopping, before heading into work. She browsed through one particular shop that she'd always wanted to visit, and bought a few items.

As she sat at her desk, she clasped her hands in front of her, and closed her eyes. The day was packed with hours and hours of excessive workload, and she needed a break. But it didn't seem as though her employees would give her some peace, "Miss Jenner, we have the design for April ready. We brought it over at 2:00 yesterday, but you weren't..."

"Stop talking and let me see it," Carson looked at the draft magazine in front of her. It was the new design that they would establish for the releases of April.

"There's a few—"

"It's good," the redhead let out a deep breath, and raised her eyebrows at the two men who stood in front of her. They both had dark, shaggy hair and beards that should have been trimmed already, "you can leave."

They nodded and left. Tilting her head to the side, she closed her eyes, and thoughts of Madison Pierce entered her mind. It wasn't anything sexual, just the smile that stood so playfully on the woman's lips.

Carson displayed a smile of her own, as she opened her eyes, and looked up. Everyone was busy working. She sighed and took a deep inhale. Her sister's dinner invitation was scheduled at 5:00, and she certainly didn't want to go. But, after all, she did have only one nephew, as her sister reminded, and she could never disappoint him.

She continued to work until it was 4:30, and decided that she should leave to make it in time to her sister's place. Hurrying out of her office, the redhead gave a glance over her workshop and smiled. At least, everything seemed to be running smoothly.

Getting in her car, and driving onto the road, the sunlight was beaming through her window, so she grabbed her sunglasses, and placed it over her eyes. Carson parked her car, and headed to the front door. She pressed the doorbell, and crossed her arms over her chest. Taking a deep inhale, the door opened, and her nephew pulled her into a hug, "Aunty Carson. I'm glad you made it."

They headed inside, and towards the living room. Her sister must have been in the kitchen, "I'm here. Where's your other half?" Carson asked her nephew.

"Oh, she'll be here in a bit."

"Okay. So it's just us, right? No one else?"

Troy pressed his lips together, and shook his head, making Carson groan, "you're not going to appreciate the crowd, but I do know that there's some expensive whiskey in the basement."

"I forgot to bring the wine," Carson mumbled.

"Lucky for you, we've got whiskey."

That'll have to do, "your Mum's not drunk yet, right?"

"Judge for yourself. She's in the kitchen," Troy said. Carson took a peek through the window, and saw more people in the backyard than she could count on her ten fingers. It's going to be a long night.

THE DRIVE to Gloria's house was a long one. Gregory sat in the backseat with Amanda, and Madison sat in front, while Melody drove.

Madison heard her parents whispering to each other, but it wasn't in a flirtatious way. She wondered if they were talking about her, "Maddy, I'm moving in with Troy but my apartment's lease won't be up till the end of the year. You can move in there if you plan on staying," Melody continued to focus on the road ahead, as she drove.

"Oh, well, that would be nice. You can show me it a day, and I'll decide if I'll take it."

"Nonsense. You have a home to stay at rent free," Amanda mentioned.