9

PAUL WAS surprised to find Carson standing in front of his door. She hadn't visited him since they'd been sleeping around, and that was enough to make him a bit pissed off. He crossed his arms over his chest, and looked at her with a questioning glare, "I don't fuck tigress's anymore, Miss Jenner."

Carson was taken aback for a moment. She remembered the last time that she was inside of Paul's house. He'd set a pot of tea on the stove, and she laid under the covers only in her knickers. As soon as she woke, she'd taken a shower and gotten dressed, before rushing out, as always. What did Paul ever see in her?

"Not on my agenda right now. I'm here to talk about Madison Pierce," Carson entered Paul's house, and headed into the kitchen. If she remembered correctly, he stored his whiskey on the top shelf over the sink.

"You could have called—"

"And you could have waited to reach out to her. We both should have done things differently, Mr. Fletcher."

Paul leaned against his kitchen island, as he watched Carson pour his expensive whiskey into a glass, "a bad conscience makes us do things. I wonder what's on yours."

Carson chugged down the half glass of whiskey, and leaned backward against the sink. The burning liquid, not only burned her throat, but also her heart, "I have nothing on my mind. Nothing that concerns you, at least."

Paul chuckled and grabbed a glass for himself. He'd need the liquid courage to put up with Carson, "so, Madison Pierce, huh? You're pretty interested in her, I see."

"As interested as you are, right?"

Paul nodded, "right."

Carson placed her handbag onto the kitchen island, and inhaled a deep breath, "she wants us to go forth with the release, even offered to include some photos."

"Makes sense, I guess," Paul shrugged, "think about it. Porn star turns successful novelist. The fans will be piling up. Everyone loves a good girl gone bad, and vice versa. And in her case, she's an ex-pornstar, turned erotic writer. It's the same line of work, minus her nudity."

Carson rubbed her temples, and shook her head. His brain was like any other man on earth, "women like to be respected. What do you think people will say of her when news gets out, huh?"

"She had the guts to do porn, so she can handle a little scrutiny," Paul looked at Carson's facial expression. Why was she so reluctant? Why did she care that much?

"It's wrong, Paul. I can't do it. I won't."

"Another magazine will if you won't. Just saying."

"So I've heard," Carson placed her empty glass into the sink, and looked at Paul. Why didn't she want to do it, and get it all over with? Why did she have to be so concerned?

"It's her choice. Let her decide her own faith," Paul said.

Carson sighed. If it was what Madison wanted, who was she to decline?