10

CARSON HEADED back to the reception. She noticed Madison talking to her sister. The smile on Madison's face could brighten any room, including Carson's untouchable heart. Carson had never felt such a feeling rushing through her body. Why did she feel that way around Madison? Why did Madison always have to make Carson feel so strange?

Carson felt a tap to her shoulder. She noticed a man standing beside her. The grin on his face could charm any straight woman in the room. But was Carson bent for the rest of her life? Was she over the male species? Because although he was usually her type, he didn't interest her one bit, "may I have this dance?" He asked.

With arched brows, Carson gave him a condescending glare, "no, thank you," Carson politely said, surprising herself. Where was her snarky remark? Why did she brush it off without a harsh response instead?

"Oh, come on. Everyone's dancing, and I don't see anyone on your arm tonight."

Madison spotted Carson's discomfort from where she stood. She sauntered over to Carson with an enchanting smile. The man's focus switched from Carson, and onto the striking stance of Madison Pierce. She was definitely a breathtaking sight, "sweetheart, aren't you going to dance with me?" Madison stretched her hand out for Carson to take, and the man looked at them in amusement. It had to be a joke, right?

"If you want to blow me off, there's better ways to do it. Though, I think I'd prefer to..." he looked at Madison with narrowed, hungry eyes. Madison furrowed her brows, and cheekily grinned, "what's your name, darling?"

"You're interrupting me from dancing with my partner. If you please excuse—"

"You're much too beautiful to be a dyke, darling. Dance with me, and I might just change your mind."

"I'm sorry. I like my dick permanently hard, and made of plastic," Madison grabbed Carson's hand, and led her towards the dance floor. The disgust on his face made them both chuckle. And as they positioned themselves, their eyes meeting and bodies colliding, it felt almost perfect.

Carson could feel a lump inside of her throat. She was so nervous and giddy, at the same time. If it hadn't been for Madison, she would have torn that guy a new one. But, as always, Madison made her do things that were unexpected, or in that case, nothing at all, "that mouth of yours," Carson chuckled, as Madison's hands wrapped firmer around her waist. She felt her chest tightening, and stomach doing flips.

"It can do a lot of things," Madison said.

Carson gulped. Her mind headed to all of the wrong places, as hard as she tried not to, "I bet."

Madison wasn't sure what she was doing. Why was she dancing with Carson? "You know, for a straight woman, my gay vibe is sensing something else," Madison mentioned.

"And who said that I'm straight?" Carson responded.

Madison opened her mouth to respond, but when she saw Victoria standing by the bar, with a glass of wine in her hand, as she looked at them with a venomous stare, her train of thought was lost. At that moment, she felt extremely guilty, "your partner's looking, isn't she?" Carson whispered, as she alternated their position on the dance floor, "she doesn't look too happy."

"We're not," Madison considered who Victoria was to her, "her and I, I honestly don't know what we are," other than the quick kiss that they shared earlier that day, Madison and Victoria were nothing more than friends.

"She seems to like you," Carson pointed out. The song that they were dancing to came to an end, and as they both stepped back, longing filled their hearts, "you should head over to her," Carson said, as she ran the tips of her fingers over her beautiful, red hair. Why did she have to do that? It made Madison's throat dry, and her body begin to hyperventilate.

"Yeah, I should."

Yet, Madison couldn't seem to move. Why? Why did she want the moment to never end? Why did that dance make her completely forget about her problems? Why did she have to enjoy it so much? She wanted more. They both did. But could they? They were both at different stages in their lives. Madison was an out-lesbian. And Carson had to decide whether she'd preferred women over men.

"Don't get hurdled by another scum," Carson said.

One final glance, and that was it. The day was finally coming to an end, and they'd hopefully forget all those feelings the next day, if that was possible, "I can't promise anything. Hopefully, you'll be my fake date again," Madison smiled widely with an amused shake to the head.

"Beckon, if need be."