15

CARSON LOOKED around the room filled with people, including everyone that held the most importance in her life—Troy, Gloria, and of course, Madison. She took a long swing of her wine, as she noticed the smile tugging on Madison's lips. Madison had teased her about how she always seemed to be nervous, especially in situations like those.

"So, I have an announcement, since Carson's so bat shit scared to tell you all... I guess I'll have to do it myself," Madison earned a glare from Carson, including a blush.

"We're dating," Carson said with a snicker. Madison chuckled and placed the palm of her hand over her mouth.

"Ha, ha, you're fucking with us, right?" Troy furrowed his brows, and his eyes wandered over the room. It had to be a joke. His aunt was as straight as an arrow.

"Fortunately, it's not. Turns out that I've finally hit gay puberty... is that the right way to put it?" Carson asked, looking at her girlfriend.

Madison placed her hands over her stomach, as another laugh escaped her lips, "no, babe, it's not. You're just a late bloomer, or bisexual."

Carson shrugged. She had no desire to be with men with her new found desire for women. Madison knew how to make love to her so that she would never miss the shaft of a man, "wow, I really didn't expect that," Troy mumbled, taking a swing of his whiskey.

Amanda walked over to her daughter, and pulled her into a hug. They'd sorted out their differences, gradually that is. Amanda still brought up the shame that had been inflicted upon her after everything, but she was coping.

Melody said, "you do know that you two are like... Troy and I are married."

Carson sensed the awkwardness, and decided to clear the air, "Gloria and I were both adopted. Our parents couldn't have biological children."

"But morally it's..." Madison glared at her sister, "I'm just happy that you two are happy," Melody said bashfully, before gripping onto her husband's arm. Troy looked at his wife, and gave her a goofy grin.

"It's not that weird, honey. I've never seen my aunt so happy before."

Carson blushed and sank her teeth into her bottom lip. It was true. She'd never found such happiness in a partner until Madison.

Amanda walked over to Carson with narrowed eyes. Carson gulped and felt her heart racing, "hurt her, and I'll squash you like a bug," Amanda said. Carson immediately nodded, and forced a smile, "oh, and make sure she's a good girl. We don't need her posing on a magazine cover again," Amanda chuckled and walked over to the couch.

Carson inhaled a deep breath, and exhaled a sigh of relief. Gregory pulled Madison into a hug, and kissed her cheek, "I'm happy for you, sweetheart."

Madison smiled, "thanks, Dad."

Troy asked, "I'm guessing she pursued you, or was it you who pursued her?" Troy nudged his aunt's arm, and gave her a cocky grin.

"Well, I—"

"I saw her staring at my tits a lot, and I was like, is it just me, or is this woman eye fucking me?" Madison teased. She earned a glare from her mother, and held up her hands in defeat.

Carson felt a lump immediately form in her throat, and she covered her face with the palm of her hand, "that's so not what happened."

Madison wrapped her arm around Carson's shoulder, and pulled her closer, "oh, come on. We have to humour him at least a little bit."

"You two are quite the pair. My aunt does need a bit of zest in her life."

Madison chuckled, "zest? I'm zest?"

Carson wrapped her arms around Madison's torso and smiled, "you're the sunshine in my life."

Madison's eyes softened, and she caressed Carson's shoulder blade with the pad of her thumb, "you're so sweet, babe."

Troy noticed how the two looked at each other, and could see that they were meant to be. Maybe it was intuition, but they seemed to have a bright future ahead, "hey, I'm just surprised that my aunt scored a younger chick than me. It hurts my ego just a little bit," Troy placed his hand over his chest, as his jaw dropped.

Carson chuckled. It was true that she'd snagged herself a young lover, but a twelve-year age difference wasn't that bad, "I guess I got lucky."

Melody leaned her head against Troy's shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around her waist, "you two are too adorable. We should do a double date sometime," Melody said.

"Sounds great," Madison ran her hand down Carson's back. As her eyes met Madison's, she could feel her pulse racing, including her heart. I love you. Carson wanted to whisper those words into Madison's ear, but the time wasn't right. Not when she was still unsure. Madison's eyes twinkled as though she'd say, I love you too.

No one had claimed responsibility for those photos that were sent to Carson's office. But Madison and Carson thought that was a fortunate mischance. All that mattered was that they were together. And no secret could tear them apart.

THE END