13

MADISON APPLIED mascara to her eyelashes, as she listened to a radio host talk about her days as a porn star. She'd been constantly offended over the past few weeks by the numerous comments and remarks thrown out there by different people—radio and television hosts, people she'd worked with, and even some celebrities. Lots of people put their opinions out in the open. She'd considered digging a hole, and lying in it a few times, but her publicity had tripled since. There was no reason for her not to look at the brighter side of things.

"Maddy, are you going on a date?" Melody asked.

Madison pressed her lips together, and admired herself in the full-length mirror. If she could say so herself, she looked great, "just dinner with a friend."

Melody could always tell when her sister was excited, and Madison was even glowing, "and who's this lucky friend?"

Madison sprayed perfume onto her collarbones and shrugged, "just someone. I'll be home before you know it, not that you'll be around."

Melody leaned against the doorframe of her old bedroom. Madison had moved into the apartment a few days after the magazine release, "I'll be home with my husband," Melody grinned and walked into the room.

"Lucky you. Is he still leaving the toilet seat up? Or have you banned him from the bathroom?"

"I've considered making him use the outdoor shower, but we can't have shower sex—"

"I don't want to know," Madison cringed and grabbed her purse. It was a twenty minute drive to the restaurant, and she planned to be on time.

"Fine. Hopefully, you'll get laid tonight."

"As I said, just a friend."

Melody looked at her sister, and arched her brow, "and is this friend a woman?"

Madison picked up her phone, and contacted a cab to pick her up, "none of your business."

"Oh, come on. I'm glad you're getting back out there. But you did break my best friend's heart."

Madison sighed, "she wasn't the right person for me. That's all."

"And is this woman you're seeing tonight possibly the right one?"

"Possibly," Madison winked at her sister.

CARSON WALKED into the restaurant, and sauntered her way over to the table where Madison sat. The grin on her face grew wider and wider. Madison's eyes were almost plastered on Carson's chest, since she was wearing an extremely low-cut, body-fitted dress.

Carson sat down, and tilted her head to the side with a smile. Madison was beautiful. Her full, pink lips and big brown eyes, made Carson's stomach do somersaults, "I thought you weren't going to show up," Madison flashed a charming smirk, and leaned forward, her defined jawline looking lickable in the lighting of the room.

"You haven't been waiting that long, have you?" Carson asked. Carson leaned forward, as well. Their eyes met, and both of their hearts thumped inside of their chests.

"Only for a lifetime," that's so cheesy. Madison felt a blush creeping onto her cheeks. Why did she say that?

"You're waiting is over now. You have me all to yourself," Carson stretched her hand across the table, and intertwined their fingers. This is bold of me.

"Quite a charmer, huh?" Madison brushed her thumb over the back of Carson's palm.

"Says the expert."

They both exhaled a loud breath, as the waiter brought over a bottle of wine. He poured two glasses before leaving, "how have you been?" Madison asked.