7

AMANDA HANDLED the situation like a pro, as though she'd fetched her drunken daughter out of a strip club more than once. But in fact, it was the first time, and hopefully the last.

Madison looked around Carson's office. She'd been a bit on edge after her talk with Paul Fletcher, and needless to say, she was worried, "here," Carson placed all the photos onto her desk. Her hands were shaky, and she felt nauseated, probably because she drank too much, or because she was nervous.

Madison picked up the photos, and looked through them. She laughed at a specific one, and Carson craned her neck in an attempt to get a glance, "thank you," Madison stuffed the photos into her handbag. She was about to leave the office, but Carson just had to ask something.

"Do you know who would send those pictures to us?" Carson asked.

Madison looked at Carson with unreadable eyes. There wasn't much to say about it, not anything she'd want to divulge anyway, "that's for me to worry about."

"Madison," Carson called louder that she'd anticipated, "my magazine is involved whether you like it or not."

"If you receive any more of these, you know where to find me."

Carson was anxious. She felt very self-conscious, paranoid and uncomfortable all at the same time, "what are you going to do? Whoever it is, they'll go somewhere else if I don't use it."

"I'll figure it out," Madison was becoming irritated, and increasingly worried. She didn't need anyone's fear increasing her own.

"You're pretty stubborn, aren't you? I'd think you'd have a little bit of trust in me, I didn't use it, after all," Carson picked up her handbag, and opted to leave her own office, but stopped by the call of her name.

"Miss Jenner, I appreciate what you've done. Thank you. I'll see you at the wedding?" Madison swallowed and gripped onto her handbag. She'd need a few glasses of wine to ease her mind.

"Of course, it's my nephew's big day, after all."

Madison could feel her heart pounding inside of her chest. She had a cab waiting for her, and couldn't wait to be in her bed.