2.10 - Sapotis

3rd Person POV:

Hawkmoth being a whole menace for using a child to do his dirty work 👉🏾🚪 x3

|~|

"Yes, Mrs. Césaire. The girls are ready for bed... technically speaking." (Y/N) says, talking to Alya's mom on the phone. "Yeah, we're good. Enjoy the movie!"

"Come on, bedtime, you little monsters! That's enough mischief for one day!" Alya tells her little sisters.

"It's not us, it's the Sapotis!" The two girls giggle.

"Off to bed, little Sapotis. You need to rest if you want to be fighting fit for tomorrow." Alya says, tucking them into bed.

"It's not fair!" One of the siblings whine, "We don't want to go to bed! We want to stay up like you!"

"Yeah!" The other one agrees, "We wanna watch the movie and tell each other lots of secrets!"

"And what kind of zombies will you be at the amusement park, tomorrow if you go to bed late?" (Y/N) reasons with them.

"Show them, Marinette." Alya calls to the bluenette.

Marinette yawns loudly and slumps against the door.

"So what's it gonna be? Boring, sit-down pajama party with the big kids, or the super-fun amusement park tomorrow!" Alya questions, using a dull-tone to represent the slumber parties and an upbeat one to represent the them park.

"The amusement park!" The twins agree.

"That's what I thought. So goodnight, Sapotis." Alya pats them both on their heads lovingly, attempting to take their hats off so they can sleep more comfortably.

"Wait! Can we keep them on, please?" One of the twins ask.

"Alright. But go to sleep now." Alya agrees.

Alya cuts off the lights and closes the door, finally getting them to sleep.

"You seriously have the technique down with your little sisters." Marinette points out. "But who are the Sapi.. Sapo...?"

"Sapotis? They're little monsters from a Creole fable who are always pulling pranks and making mischief." (Y/N) explains as she helps Alya clean up after her sisters.

"Now that we're all alone, I can finally tell you both." Alya pulls out her phone, "Ladybug and Phoenix have been around since the Pharaohs! But no way can the Ladybug and Phoenix we know be 5,000 years old. So, I downloaded a great app that analyzed recordings I had of them talking. And based on the frequencies of their voice, it turns out that their both girls our age!"

Marinette and (Y/N) share a terrified look.

(Y/N) looks behind Alya and awkwardly points something out, "Alya, the orange juice?"

Alya turns and groans when she hears childish giggling and empty glasses of orange juice left on the table.

|~|

"It's not us! It's the Sapotis!" The little girls giggle, as Alya and (Y/N) wipe the remains of orange juice off their mouths.

Alya shakes her head with a smile and once again turns off the lights and closes the door after tucking the girls into bed.