2.21 - Queen Wasp

3rd Person POV:

"Coming to you live from the Grand Palais Museum, I'm Nadia Chamack. Gabriel Agreste's fashion shoot was recently delayed after the Queen of Fashion, Audrey Bourgeois, was akumatized. But everything is back on schedule again after Ladybug and Phoenix heroically stepped in to save the day, as usual. The fashion show can finally begin!"

Gabriel watches the live broadcast of his son modeling his latest works, before clicking off of it.

"I don't want to break our promise.. but... I can't keep putting our son in danger. Style Queen was supposed to be my masterpiece, but even she failed. I feel like I've done all I possibly could, you know? I'll never be able to fulfill my wish without Ladybug, Chat Noir, and Phoenix's miraculous. Forgive me, Emilie." Gabriel speaks to his wife before turning to his Kwami, "I'm giving you up, Nooroo."

Gabriel takes off his pendant and Nooroo was sucked back into the miraculous. Gabriel places it inside a small box and takes it with him as he leaves.

Gabriel sits in an armchair, completely overwhelmed. He felt like his heart was clenching in his chest and he presses his fingertips on the bridge of his nose to prevent the tears welling up in his eyes to fall.

Natalie spots him from afar as she wheels a cart full of books. She walks over to him and wraps her arms around him from behind.

Neither of them say anything, but the silence was comforting.

Gabriel finds himself unconsciously sinking back into Natalie's hold.

|~|

The fashion show continues as Adrien strides on the runway, pausing and posing for pictures.

"Scoop, the hat Adrien Agreste is wearing was made by my BFFs, Marinette and (Y/N)! Anything you'd like to say during my livestream?" Alya faces her camera towards the two.

Marinette and (Y/N) both wave awkwardly.

Alya giggles at the two but she abruptly stops when she spots someone behind Adrien. "What?"

(Y/N) and Marinette's heads snap in that direction, their jaws dropping once they see it for themselves.

Everyone's attention soon is grabbed, including Adrien's.

"I don't believe this.." Marinette says in shock.

Lo and behold, stood Gabriel Agreste in the flesh.

"That's Gabriel Agreste! He hasn't been in public for ages.." The whispers begin.

Adrien stands completely still, just as confused as everyone else.

Gabriel begins walking toward his son and stops within a few centimeters of him.

The whispers grow even louder when Gabriel does the unexpected.

Gabriel hugs Adrien.

Adrien is still for a moment but he immediately hugs his father back, smiling happily as he snuggles into his hold.

The reporters go crazy and begins capturing pictures immediately.

"Scoop #2, Gabriel Agreste has just turned up and that means we'll be seeing your hat in every single photo and news broadcast!" Alya happily says making Marinette happy.

(Y/N) smiles with teary-eyes as she views the scene. While she was happy that their hat was going to be seen everywhere because of this, she was mainly happy that Adrien got something he had longed for; the embrace of his father.