2.12 - Captain Hardrock

3rd Person POV:

It was a beautiful day in Paris. The sun was shining, the wind was blowing and everyone knew it would be a good day.

Everyone was on deck helping clean Juleka's mom's ship (pun intended), and set up instruments for their concert.

"I believe this is yours Rose." Marinette hands the peppy blonde her microphone.

"Thanks, Marinette!" Rose smiles and accidentally speaks into the mic, making it ring through the speakers on the boat, "Do you realize it's our very first concert! It's going to be awesome!"

Marinette giggles and walks over to Alya and
(Y/N) who were setting up their assigned decorations.

"He's not here yet..." Marinette pouts. The "he" in question being the one and only Adrien Agreste.

"No worries, girl! The hog hasn't started yet." Alya reassures.

"What if he doesn't even know Juleka's address? Or he got the day wrong? Or he's lost? Can you check with Nino, please?! You know, just... casually." Marinette bombards Alya.

"Hey, Nino! Have you heard from Adrien by any chance?" Alya questions.

"He had something to do with his old man, he said he'll come right after." Nino responds, before turning back to help (Y/N) set up the decorations.

"How's it coming along me young pirates?" Juleka's mom question everyone aboard the ship, her pirate accent cutting through the air. "Ready to celebrate the..." She stops when she sees Marinette holding a box full of junk. "What you up to there, matey?"

"Oh, hello ma'am! I'm cleaning up for tonight. Your boat's gonna be as clean as a whistle." Marinette says.

"Your cleanin'?" Juleka's mom laughs, throwing everything back onto the floor, "We never pick up in this house. Didn't me daughter tell ya'? We like the lived in look. We have no rules on The Liberty! Out of chaos comes creation! Messiness is life!"

|~|

The soft sound of piano plays through Adrien's room, the blonde performing a piece in front of Natalie and his father. In order to go to his friend's concert, he had to play the song perfectly.

Key word: perfectly.

Adrien frowns as he plays the boring song, but his heart just about collapses in his chest when he accidentally plays a single note wrong. He continues to play, but now looking at his father through the corner of his eye, fearful that he might've heard it.

Gabriel frowns and holds up his hand for Adrien to stop. "I've heard enough. Are you sure you're practicing, Adrien?"

"I'm just doing the same exercises over and over again. I think I could make better progress if I just play with other musicians. After all, music's meant to be shared with other people, don't you think?" Adrien says. "At least that's what (Y/N) always says when we play the piano together sometimes."

"We Agrestes' are soloists. We're not mere group members. I suggest you rehearse your piece of music some more." Gabriel shakes his head. "You'll play it for me again later today."