The Transferee

The next morning, Irene woke up in a happy mood after such a long time. She was practically springing with joy. It was like the rate of Dopamine in her system was a little higher than her usual days.

She was genuinely smiling the whole time and somewhere she knew the reason was Y/N.

Irene was eager to meet her, to see her, and to watch her smile. The face she couldn't get out of her head in the past few weeks. Her daily tasks were fun to her now as she hurried to get to the university.

Because today her first lecture was with Y/N.

Reaching the university, Irene strutted through the hallways and towards the staff office. Keeping her bag on the desk, she started humming to a harmonious tune that didn't go unnoticed by her colleagues.

Eunwoo approached Irene's desk and tapped on the table, saying, "Good morning, Irene."

Irene looked up at him and gave him the brightest smile, replying, "A very good morning to you too, Eunwoo."

Eunwoo, who was surprised by her cheerful behavior, asked, "What happened? You look delighted this morning."

"Oh, it's just I feel happy today. Nothing else, "Irene replied, beaming.

"That's nice. Hope it stays the same, "Eunwoo said and waved her good luck.

Irene arranged her things on the table and looked at her watch to check the time. "It's time."

Picking up her book, Irene made her way to the lecture hall. Entering the hall, she saw students hurrying when they saw her and starting to sit at their desks. Irene was a respected professor in the university, which no one could ever dare to deny.

Irene lifted her head and her eyes wandered through the sea of students. But, they got settled on only one face that had her mesmerized from the day they met.

Y/N had her hair tied up in a ponytail and she was wearing a v-neck t-shirt and a bomber jacket over. She gave her a wide smile that caused butterflies to rumble in Irene's stomach.

Irene stood up on her podium as she kept her book on the desk. She cleared her throat to silence the hushes murmuring in the room. Resting her hands behind her back, Irene looked around the hall and smiled.

"Good morning, students, "she said, her tone cheery as before.

Y/N was slightly surprised as she threw a quirked eyebrow and a subtle jerk of her head to question the new behavior. Irene just smiled at her and looked away to continue.

"Let's continue from where we left off yesterday, "Irene announced and students started to take out their books and pens to take notes.

Irene looked down at her book as she studied the content and was about to start when a sudden knock on the door interrupted her. She ordered a come-in to the person and the Dean of the university entered through.

"Dean?" the students muttered and the whispering took place in the silent class.

"Mister Kwon? What happened?" Irene asked as she kept her book aside and stood straight.

"Miss Bae. Sorry to interrupt your class but I have something important to say, "he said as he looked around the lecture hall.

"Sure, Mister Kwon, "Irene nodded her head and glanced at Y/N who was giving her a questioning glance.

Irene subtly threw her a simple shrug, telling her that she also didn't know. Y/N nodded and intriguingly looked at the Dean.

"So, students. I already informed the professors yesterday about this, "the Dean started.