The Admission

"Where are we going?" Irene asked as she hugged Y/N's waist a little tighter, snuggling in her back and loving the warmth.

If this was their last time together, Irene thought to stay as close as she could to Y/N. But, internally, she was screaming due to anxiety. 

What if Y/N denied my feelings after what happened yesterday? Irene thought while releasing a shaky breath.

Y/N, who was safely driving her bike and wove through cars, replied, "My apartment."

Irene's heart skipped a beat. She was going to the place where Y/N was most comfortable, where Y/N resided and now she was going to be there.

"I've never been there before..." she said and Y/N heard it.

"That's why I'm taking you there."

The way Y/N softly replied made Irene smile with a little hope. Maybe we could be together at the end.

After going through roads and highways, they reached Y/N's beloved apartment in approximately twenty minutes. 

Irene stepped off the bike as Y/N went away to park it in front of the apartment building. While waiting for her, Irene looked around to see that it was a pretty decent place. The apartment building looked more modernized than hers, which was more sophisticated looking.

"This way, "Y/N said as she motioned for her to follow the pursuit.

Walking into the lobby of the apartment, Y/N turned to the left and Irene saw a snugged-up elevator at the end of the hallway. They both stepped inside as Y/N pressed the button to the fifth floor. 

Irene memorized it.

As the elevator started to move up, they both stood there awkwardly. Irene stared at Y/N's side profile with a hint of sadness in her eyes. Every part of her itched to go near Y/N and do something, but she stood there, with her hands to herself.

Y/N was looking down at her feet, noticing every movement of Irene's by her peripheral vision. She knew that Irene was restraining herself. Yet, she didn't do anything about it.

After a few moments, the elevator's door opened. 

Y/N marched out and Irene followed her closely behind through a furnished hallway. She looked around the surroundings and heard Y/N saying.

"My roommate is out of the town. We will be able to talk... properly."

Irene hummed in response as the breathy tone at the end of Y/N's sentence didn't go neglected by her. 

Reaching the said room, Y/N typed in the password and entered as Irene quietly stepped in behind her. 

"Welcome to my... humble abode, "Y/N said as she gestured for Irene to walk inside.

Irene gave her a small smile and she pulled off her shoes, walking into what seemed like the living room. She looked around to see a warm-toned wallpaper and hanging lamps lighting up the room.

It looked aesthetically pleasant.

"Have a seat, "Y/N said and Irene nodded, walking towards the couch to sit comfortably. 

Honestly, she didn't feel awkward a bit. The place had an inviting aura and Irene felt her nerves calming down a little at that.

A few moments later, Y/N stepped into the living room with a glass of water in her hand. Irene noticed that Y/N got changed into her casual clothes, a loose white shirt, and pajama pants.

Y/N passed her the glass of water and sat in front of her on another couch. 

Irene felt upset at that, her eyes noticed the distance between them overnight, and drank up her whole glass to stop the overwhelming feeling.