5 | 4-lifers

ONE THING HANEUL loved about Taehyung was that he had a way to keep all his childhood friends together

ONE THING HANEUL loved about Taehyung was that he had a way to keep all his childhood friends together. He loved them, and he found a way to always organise get-togethers to stay in touch. It was a very sweet gesture, to take the initiative and bring everyone together.

Though Haneul and Taehyung had a lot of friends in the course of their middle school days and high school days and college days, some were more special than others. And even though Taehyung was a practical social butterfly with tons of friends, Haneul chose to stick with just three more. One, of course, was Taehyung, her best friend for more than ten years. She had a girl bestie too, May, because who doesn't? A girl needs a girl bestie. And the third one was her first friend, and even though they weren't best friends with each other, they were good friends who loved each other and stuck through thick and thin. That friend was Jimin.

Years went by and people came into their lives respectively. Some exited too. But Haneul wasn't sad about it. She thought it was just a part of life, and people change, evolve. She cherished the memories they had together though. Even though she and some of her friends weren't in touch due to reasons, or even not friends with her anymore, she never moped about it. Instead, she treasured those memories shared by her and them. She was blessed to share a memory with a person who meant a lot to her younger selves and treasure it with them forever.

Back to her two best friends, Jimin and May. It was as simple as their names rolled off her tongue. The pair- or rather, couple were practically glued to the hip since their high school years. One could not take the former's name and forget the latter. It was very extensively obvious. Obvious how they were smitten for each other, and Haneul knew she and Taehyung had suffered a lot, third and fourth wheeling with them. She loved Jimin and May with all her heart, no doubt, but she would not, for the love of God, want to witness their high school phase where they were just on top of each other. Those goo goo heart-shaped eyes, shy touches, lip bites, hair swirling, staring at each other for hours, always sitting beside each other- Haneul could go on, and as much as she loved them, she would not swear on her worst enemy to be in high school with her smitten friends.

Taehyung though had a very interesting love life. The boy was unique, there was no doubt about it. It was very intriguing, sometimes Haneul would think about how his brain would function. She couldn't remember any long term relationship he had. Which made Haneul wonder why no one dated him. He was such a specimen. But, Haneul could feel the loneliness. Loneliness for a partner. The craving for someone who would love him.

Maybe that was the reason Taehyung's mom wanted him to get married as soon as possible.

...And maybe, that was the same case for Haneul. She did have a fair share of exes, but none of them worked. It was okay, letting go. She knew it, but she would never admit it out loud. She was lonely too. So utterly lonely.

She didn't have anyone who would hug her at the end of a tiring day, take all her tiredness away. Who would kiss her whole face until she bursts into giggles. Who would soothe her pain away, play with her hair, take her out on dates, cuddle her, watch movies with her, talk endlessly for hours and laugh at silly things. She wanted someone who would love her.