7 | thank you

THE FIRST THING Taehyung realised was warm lips pressed to his own

THE FIRST THING Taehyung realised was warm lips pressed to his own. No thoughts. Not even a single one for a whole damn minute. Just soft, warm lips pressing onto his own and he wanted to do nothing but kiss them back.

In his defence, he was an INFP, more of a feeler than a thinker. And of course, by the time he was thinking back like a normal person would... let's just say that Taehyung was this close to getting those hormonal teenager feelings all over his body due to some lips. Some good lips.

It dawned on him suddenly, like a lightning strike. Haneul. Fake dating. New year. Family. Kiss. KISS!

He froze against her abruptly, and he knew she could feel him stopping. So, being the logical thinker she is, she pulled away. Her eyeballs were shaking, he saw, and he knew she was panicked. Sure, they had agreed to fake date, but they hadn't decided the boundaries yet, and he figured that's what scared her.

But in all honesty, she had nothing to be scared about. He had no doubt that she wouldn't actually do something serious like that without any reason. So instead, he smiled and said, "Happy new year," and even kissed her forehead for the dramatics.

He could see that Haneul had not expected him to react like this, her face flushed with embarrassment, hence he tried his best to reassure her without actually speaking because there were five pairs of eyes gawking at them from afar.

Taehyung wrapped an arm around his best friend's shoulder and brought her close to himself, and she hurriedly said 'I'm sorry' but he just shrugged it off and whispered in her ear, "Act natural, they're staring at us." As much as he was interested in what made her actually kiss him in front of their families, he knew better than to ask that now in front of them.

"Eomma, we're gonna head to bed now, Happy New Year to all and goodnight," Taehyung said as he pulled Haneul with him to his bedroom, thinking it was the only logical thing he could do. They got in and he locked the room, informing Haneul he'll go change into his pyjamas. Getting out of the bathroom after doing his thing, he saw her sitting on the bed and staring at her clothes in her hands.

"Hey," he said softly, sitting beside her.

"Have I done a mistake, Taehyung?" she asked him without looking at him.

"What mistake?" he asked, making her face him, "What's wrong, Haneul?"

"I didn't have any option, and I'm so sorry about kissing you." Haneul couldn't look at him without feeling guilty. She felt like she had used him, done something to him without his consent.

"Don't be sorry," he said, "If you did something, I'm damn sure you had a reason for it, which I am very intrigued to know about," he cracked a smile, "But please don't feel guilty. I know what's going on in that head of yours, so talk to me before jumping to conclusions."

"Well, I was talking to my mom, and she asked me if I found some cute guy in Japan," she rolled her eyes, "and then when I declined, she went ahead and showed me photos of this guy who she thinks would be a good potential candidate."