Chapter 19: The Final Night

Can someone explain the joke or am I missing something?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look around as I see many unfamiliar faces while being familiar at the same time. I sigh in annoyance while trying to find Weiss who was busy talking to Pyrrha and Yang.

Y/n: "I guess I'll go elsewhere for now. Don't want to see too clingy"

I take a minute to drink some of the punch the had been provided and scuff at the amateur taste.

Y/n: "To think people actually drink this stuff? Hm?"

Jaune ends up walking over to me looking a little off.

Y/n: "What's wrong with you?"

Jaune: "Well-"

Y/n: "Actually, I really don't care"

I go to leave but Jaune ends up cling onto me.

Jaune: "Wait!!! I need your advice!!"

Y/n: "Dammit!! Why did I ask?!.. *sighs* What do you want?"

Jaune: "It's just that.. I don't know how to ask Pyrrha to dance. Can you help me-?"

Y/n: "No"

Jaune: "Why not?!"

Y/n: "I'm not going to help you with something so trivial. Do it yourself!! I'm going to be leaving soon and you're just going to have to man up mongrel!!"

Jaune: "I know.. but could you atleast help guide me just this once? I promise to take care of things after that, deal?"

I look at him stretching a hand out while looking nervous. I don't say a word as I take his hand.

Jaune: "Thank you. How do-"

I don't let go as I drag him along with me.

Jaune: "H-Hey Y/n, buddy. Where are we going to?"

Y/n: "With the girls"

Jaune: ".. O-Oh. Wait, I'm not ready!!"

Y/n: "I don't care"

I arrive with Jaune trying to let go and shove him forward towards Pyrrha.

Y/n: "Well then?!"

Pyrrha: "Jaune?"

Jaune: "Pyrrha!!! Hey there. Enjoying the party?! It's good to see you!!"

Jaune: "You see me every day"

Jaune: "Oh. Right.. I think I'll just-"

I summon multiple gates around him, each pointing a weapon at his neck.

Yang: "Oooh, I know where this is going~"

Y/n: "Jaune?"

Jaune: "Oh, r-right. Hey Pyrrha.. W-Would you.. *sighs* Would you like to dance with a loser like me?"

Weiss: "Atleast he got the ending right"

Jaune: "Hurtful!!!"

Y/n: "Truthful"

Jaune: "Oi!!"

The blades go away as Pyrrha walks over to Jaune and takes his hand.

Pyrrha: "I'd love to"

Y/n: "Good"

Weiss: "About time"

Jaune: "REALLY?!"

Pyrrha: "*giggles* Yes, I'd love to"