1 - Gorilla Grodd

It was a pretty good day for Barry Allen. He didn't have to go to Star labs which mean he wouldn't have to see his crush, Caitlin Snow. He was so glad that he got over Iris. His crush on Caitlin was just as bad though. Getting butterflies in his stomach everytime she looks at him, her touch sending tingles down his spine. His heart does backflips every time she walks in a room. He's tired of falling for girls who probably didn't love him back.

Barry went to work at CCPD and his first crime scene had hairs everywhere. "Hey Bar" Joe said "What did you find?"

"Hey, there are these weird hairs all over the crime scene" Barry said putting one of the hairs into a evidence bag. " The victim his name is Dr Jeffery Stone. He works here" Barry said pointing to the building next to the street. "This is the second dead lab tech in two weeks, like the other tech he had stolen a serum from their storage cooler. It's called Cortexin."

"What's that?" Joe asks

"It's used to treat encephalopathy, a blood disease in the brain. The serum is missing but his colleagues found him here. Dead" Barry said

"He didn't get far" Joe commented

"He died from blood force trauma to the head" Barry said lifting the cover off the dead man's body revealing the doctors smashed head.

"Apparently a lot of it." Joe said

"Yeah, check this out" Barry said then pointing above showing a big blood mark on the sign above them which as connected to the building. "The point of impact"

"What could do that?" Joe asks and Barry just shrugged his shoulders. "Why don't you take that to Star Labs?"

"Sure" Barry says a little bit annoyed because it made denying his feelings that much harder. I'll just hang out with Cisco Barry thought.

Star labs

Caitlin arrived at star labs and know one was there. She sighed in relief knowing that her crush wasn't there. She hoped it would be calm day and he wouldn't have to come but at the same time she loved being around him. The way he always got her coffee , when he looks at her with these soft emerald green eyes, They way he could tell what she was feeling. Most of the time. When Cisco came she stopped doing work and talked with her best friend before Barry came speeding into the cortex.

"Hey guys" Barry says trying not to look at Caitlin but ultimately fails and gets lost in her hazel brown eyes as she gets lost in his.

"Hey" Cisco says making them break apart their gaze and turn towards Cisco.

"Can you guys do me a favour?" Barry says

"Sure" Cisco says

"At the crime scene there were these weird hairs everywhere can you run it against the database" Barry asks

"Course bro" Cisco says taking the evidence from Barry's hand and running it while Caitlin continues with her work. While they are waiting Cisco obviously starts a fight with Barry about the best movie. "STAR WARS" Cisco starts yelling and Caitlin almost falls from her chair being so scared of the sudden shouting.

"NO IT'S JURASSIC PARK" Barry yells back while Caitlin composing herself back up. "Come on Caitlin will even back me up." Barry says making Caitlin feeling uncomfortable.

"Caitlin which is better, the dumbhead over here seems to think Jurassic Park when it is Obviously Star wars" Cisco asks. Caitlin is just looking at the boys death glaring her.

"Neither" She says very confident, then realising the mistake knowing both the boys are going to start yelling her she quickly continues "It's Taken."

Both the boys look to each other and then back at her. "Pfttttt"

"What? Taken is a good movie. I bet you two haven't eve seen it" she said and then they realise that they haven't seen it so they can't argue back. "Ok the next time I choose we are putting Taken."

They were still arguing when Barry realised that he left something at his apartment. When Barry left Joe came in and greeted the two before sitting down on one of the chairs. Cisco goes to his workshop and Caitlin went to go check something with him leaving Joe alone in the cortex.

Caitlin entered Cisco workshop and Cisco was already starting to work on a new project. When Cisco sees Caitlin he says "Awww you miss me already" Cisco says and earns a punch in the face from Caitlin. "Wha... Caitlin" He yells as she walks out of the room not before grabbing a chemical and placing outside before walking back into the cortex. Joe is there with Cisco and the scan finished. The hairs were from Grodd. "That's while she punched me" Cisco says

"We need to call Barry" Joe says picking up his phone

"What's wrong" Caitlin asks having no clue of what she just did

"You were being mind controlled by Grodd" Joe says

"I'm going to go make some more telepathy blockers since Grodd is back. He can come after any one of us"Cisco says going back to his workshop.

Caitlin then starts getting at head ache and puts her hand on her head. "Everything alright Caitlin?" Joe asked

"Yeah it's probably a side affect from Grodd highjacking my brain" Caitlin said and then flashes started appearing in her head. "I'm going to get some air" she said and walked out of the room. The flash came ,ore frequent and now they were making noise. Her worst fear, everyone she loved hated her, Joe, Cisco, Barry. She could think of anything else, the most painful was seeing Barry hate her. Before she knew it she was on the room and felt like someone was chocking her but no one else was there. 

"Hey Caitlin" Cisco said walking into the cortex and only saw Joe. 

"She went to get some air, she said she had a head ache or something" Joe said

"That weird, do you think it she could still be controlled by Grodd?" Cisco said

"She said it could be a side effect" Joe said

"Let me see where she went" Cisco said and pulled up the cameras and followed her movement to the roof where she was moving closer to the edge. "Oh my god. Call Barry!" Cisco said 

Caitlin was a few steps away from falling off the edge of the building but she didn't even know it. All she could think of was thought going through her head. "This is what happens when you betray me" Grodd said before making her fall off the side of the building. Barry came just in time to see her falling and ran up the side of the building catching her and coming back onto the ground carrying her bridal style before putting her feet sown but still holding her support.

"Cait " He said gripping her tighter and then pulling her into a hug which she reciprocated.

"Barry" she said and pulled away tears still falling from her eyes "I'm so sorry." Then she fainted and Barry caught her and sped her up to the med bay. He stroked her head once and then Cisco came storming in. "Is she?" Cisco says not wanting to finish the question.

"No" Barry said still looking at Caitlin "She just fainted"

___________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of this book.