10 - Flashback

Barry sped to some random warehouse and approached Bloodwork. Dark Flash kneeled down in front of Bloodwork. His emblem looked like it was infected and each bit of gold har blacks streaks around it. Now all of bloodworks veins were popping out black.

At Star Labs Cisco and Caitlin were woken up by Harry, Joe and Iris. "Hey you guys okay" Joe says

"Yeah we're fine, We have a bigger problem" Cisco says

"What happened?" Iris asks

"Barry's been infected" Caitlin says and the three of them are shocked at the news but then know that they will find a way to save him they always do. At that moment an alarm sounded Star labs. They checked the security cameras and saw Bloodwork and Dark Flash entering the building.

Caitlin was taking it really hard. I couldn't save him she thought to herself. Then she said "I need a moment" and walked out of the room. Cisco knew why she was taking it so hard and knew that she needed to be alone.

Caitlin went to a random room in star labs and thought about the only thing she could think of. Barry. She thought about how he did everything for her and she couldn't do the same back when it mattered most. She tried holding back her tears but one escaped. She thought about the amazing memories she had with him.

Flashback

Caitlin was thinking about meeting her mother. She was biting her lower lip and staring at the email her mother sent her. Caitlin groaned in annoyance before walking out of her chair and in to the cortex. She wasn't focusing on where she was going and tripped. She was going to fall flat on her face and embarrassed herself if Barry wasn't there. Lucky she stumbled onto him instead. Barry caught her with both arms on her side and she sighed in relief once she was stable.

"Woah chill out there, if you wanted to hang out with me that much you could've just said so" Barry joked and Caitlin just gave him annoyed look but he knew she liked the joke.

"Thanks" she said a little codly and went back to biting her lower lip and Barry obviously noticed this.

"What's wrong" Barry asks snapping Caitlin out of her trance.

"Why would you say something's wrong?" she asked slowly

"Your biting your lower lip and you have crinkle between your eyebrows when it annoys you alot. Come one Cait talk to me."Barry said putting his hand on her forearm.

"My mum emailed me to meet her today and I really don't want to go. She's probably going to lecture me about everything I'm doing wrong in my life." Caitlin said annoyed

"Why don't I go with you?" Barry suggested and moved his arm. "I'll make it more tolerable" he said

"No I couldn't ask you to go through that" she said

"Your not, I'm offering. Come on let's go" Barry said and moved to pick her up but she stepped away.

"Nuh uh we are taking the car" Caitlin said and Barry smiled adorably and Caitlin smiled back because his smile is contagious. Caitlin the got her car keys out and they walked to the car together.

For a good half hour Barry and Caitlin were talking in the car and singing to songs off pitch. Barry purposely sang off pitch to make her feel better and she knew it. She loved he would do that for her. "Ok we're here" Caitlin said as they appeared outside Tannhauser Industries. They both hopped out of the car and walked to the conciergerie. "Hello, I have an appointment with Carla Tannhauser"

"Yes of course, I assume you know the way" she said with a nod and Caitlin nods back and takes Barry to the elevator. He noticed that she wasn't smiling like she was in the car.