14 - Caitlin's Birthday

Barry has stayed over at Caitlin's place since it was her Birthday. He woke up before her and rolled out of bed. He got her lots of roses and balloons, made breakfast and double checked that the family was still ok for dinner. He was hoping that it would be a peaceful day in Central City because he really wanted to spend this day with his girlfriend.

He was in the kitchen making breakfast when he heard some footsteps. He looked up to see his beautiful girlfriend still adjusting to the light beaming through the window. "Surprise" he said from the kitchen startling her. She jumped back frightened and saw her apartment full with roses and balloons.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" he said slowly walking towards her.

"That's alright" she said with a smile on her face seeing the decorations "What's this?"

"Happy Birthday Cait" Barry said giving her a kiss as she wrapped her arms around his neck as well as reciprocating the kiss. It was getting deeper and deeper but they were interrupted by a microwave going off the in the kitchen. They parted and Barry ran to the kitchen in normal speed and opened the microwave. Everything was ready except the bacon. Caitlin slowly walked to the kitchen and sat on the bench top.

Caitlin looked at the amount of food on the table and asked "Are we going to eat all of this or are we giving it to the homeless?"

"I didn't know what you wanted and I'm a speedster so whatever you don't want to eat I could just eat" Barry said

"That's true" she said and they both looked at the food.

"Shoot" Barry said "I forgot bacon" he sped out of the room and bought some bacon and next thing Caitlin knew Barry was cooking bacon. She chuckled to herself and smiled at Barry who smiled back. A few minutes later with superspeed used Barry was almost done with all the bacon. Caitlin went to go freshen up and when she came back all the food was ready.

Barry being a gentleman pulled out her chair for her. "Thank you" she said politely. After Barry sat down both of them started eating. Barry and Caitlin were in the middle of eating when Caitlin stole one of Barry's bacon since there was none left on her plate or in the gigantic platter of food.

"After the first time I thought you would understand you shouldn't steal my bacon" Barry said threatening Caitlin walking slowly towards Caitlin who slowly got up from her chair.

"It's my birthday" She said defensively

"You stole my bacon" Barry said

"I'm your girlfriend" she said

"You stole my bacon" Barry repeated. She ran to the couch and he cut her off and pushed her onto the couch and started tickling her.

"Sorry for stealing your bacon" Caitlin said and Barry smiled and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. "What was that for?" she asked

"You looked really cute" he said

"Come on we have to get ready" Barry said getting off the couch

"What do we have to get ready for?" Caitlin asked surprise

"Surprise" Barry said and helped her off the couch

"Another surprise?" she said and he nodded "I didn't know you had a lot of tricks up your sleeve Allen" she said with a smirk and he responded with a smile and a laugh. Both of them turned their attention to the breakfast table which still had a lot of food on it. "What are we going to do about the food?" she asked

"Leftovers" Barry said

"Ok" Caitlin said "I'll..." moving towards the food but was interrupted by Barry speeding around the apartment. The food was gone when she said "help" Caitlin glared at him for doing the thing where he reads her mind and uses his sped to beat her.