Arc 2 - Golden Days - Chapter 8: A Dream?

It was in the Dead of Night and a man caped in a black cloak looked over the lush forest. He scanned the forest and sniffed the air. "One's here," He said "I know that there's one here,"

He then moved away from his spot and slowly began to search the forest for whatever it was he was looking for.

.

.

.

Currently, the group of friends was exploring the woods after helping Toru's Aunt load up Hay bales all morning. but before exploring, Toru's Aunt gave them some advice about where they should go, and where not to, though, the most exciting thing they learned was that 20 or so miles away from the farm, the four-maned hero team known as The Wild-Wild Pussycats lived at their base of operations, and while the idea of meeting them excited Izuku, there was no way he was walking 20 miles to get there.

As they were walking through the forest, they saw some pretty cool things. Mei spotted a hawk with her goggles, Kanao saw a deer, and Kimihito found a beetle which he scared Toru with.

As they continued to explore the woods, they came across a river, which was flowing pretty calmly, and despite the heat, they weren't going to cross it to explore more parts of the forest. Instead, they walked alongside it, and thankfully, Mei marked where they had turned so that way it was easier to get back to the farm. Monoma and Izuku were walking ahead of the others, who were either talking, like Toru and Mei, or just trying to skip rocks across the river.

As they were walking, Monoma turned to Izuku with a smile, "It's a beautiful day, huh?" Monoma asked

Izuku nodded, "Yeah," he replied "It's not every day we get to explore the woods," Izuku said

"Well, we do live in a city, Izuku," Monoma said with a chuckle

Izuku chuckled as well, "Ok, Ok, got me there, but still... It is really nice out today," Izuku said

Monoma agreed with a nod, "Izuku... there's something that's been eating at me, something that's been troubling me,"

"what is it?" Iuku asked

"Well, What kind of Hero do you want to be?" Monoma asked

"huh?" Izuku asked, turning to his friend with a raised brow

"What kind of a hero do you want to be, Izuku?" Monoma asked again

"I want to be a Hero who can smile no matter what happens, even when fighting the worse of the worse, but also put a smile on the people who need one, I want to be a symbol of peace, just like All-Might"

"And that's it," Monoma said "That's what's been bothering me Izuku,"

"What?" Izuku asked, "What do you mean? How is the kind of hero I want to be bothering you?" Izuku asked, his tone a mix of hurt and anger

"It bothers me because all it is is living in a shadow, listen to me, I respect All-Might, I even look up to him in a way, but I don't want to be him, and I don't think anyone should try to be like him, because all someone will be doing is living in his shadow," Monoma told Izuku "Listen Izuku, all of us here, we want to be heroes, we dream of it, and we're all driven to pursue it, but it just seems like your dream is what everyone else wants,"

"What do you mean?" Izuku asked

"Izuku, everyone dreams about being the next symbol of peace and holding the title of number 1, even if they don't realize it, everyone dreams about being in All-Might's seat or dreams of becoming him, your dream is like everyone else's who wants to be a Hero!" Monoma said "We all live and die by our dreams, Izuku, but it's important to know whether our dreams are our own or our dreams are the product of what we wish we were, a true Hero doesn't live by the dream of becoming the same person he idols or following in the footsteps of his idol which will only lead to living in shadows, a true Hero must have his own dream, a dream of who he wants to be without living in the shadows of another or those that came before him, A Hero, must have his own reason for becoming a hero, for fighting, for living, they should put their heart and soul into protecting and making sure their dream becomes a reality, they should never hesitate to defend their dream, and they should never be afraid to reach the dream no matter the cost... Izuku what you want to be, you'll just be living in a shadow like those who want the same thing... don't live in shadows Izuku, take it from someone who knows,"