Arc 2 - Golden Days - Chapter 11: Golden Days End

His eye's shot open only to see a blinding white light in front of him, he quickly shut his eye, but slowly opened it, and his eye began to adjust, that's when he saw the ceiling light. Izuku then sat up and looked around only to see that he was in a hospital room.

Izuku continued to look around, confused as to why he was here, only for him to then realized he could only see out of his left eye and he began to panic only for the sudden flashes of images and cries.

"It's got Kimihito!"

"We have to save him!"

"NO! NOOO! HELP ME! AAAAHHHHHH!"

"Run! Keep running or else these things will surround us!"

"Go ahead of us! Izuku and I will hold 'em off!"

"Josuke!"

"AH! Go! Get out of here!"

"No! Not without you!"

"Forget me! Save her! Please save her!"

"Where's Josuke!?!? Where is he, Izuku!?"

"We need to get out of here!"

"Kanao! We need to leave!"

"No! Not without Josuke!"

"He's dead Kanao!"

"NO! HE CAN'T BE!"

"KANAO!"

"Mono...ma?"

"I want the power to fulfill my dreams,"

"Monoma! What are you doing!?"

"Monoma! What is...!? Why are you doing this!?"

"T-Toru! Don't...!"

"TORU!"

"Mo...no... ma..."

Izuku gasped for air as the remembrance of the cries from friends hurt his head.

His breath was ragged.

His entire body felt heavy, yet empty at the same time.

His throat was dry.

He turned and sat on the edge of the hospital bed and got to his feet. His legs felt weak, but that didn't stop him, he moved forward toward the bathroom, and when he walked in, he turned on the bathroom light and quickly went for the sink and turned on the cold water, and cupped his hands to catch the water, and he then quickly took quick gulps from it. Once the dryness of his throat was gone, he looked up and his eyes landed on the mirror, which showed his reflection. He was wearing a hospital gown, but he saw that underneath and wrapped around him were bandages, they covered his forehead, his right eye, his neck, arms, and torso.

He looked like a mummy almost all over.

He then quickly remembered Toru and his left eye widened with horror and worry, so he quickly turned around and ran toward the hospital door, but the weakness of his legs was too much, and when he made it to the front door, he fell while opening the door and fell onto the hallway floor.

He grunted in pain but he slowly got up on all fours, before slowly getting to his feet, breathing heavily as he did so.

"Izuku...?"

Hearing his name, he turned to his right only to see Mei, and when he saw her, she looked like she had been crying and hadn't slept at all.

"M...Mei?" Izuku asked