Arc 3 - Conviction - Chapter 21: Mock

The pros had returned and once they did, they discovered what had ensued moments ago. They were appalled and felt terrible that they nearly cost the young students' lives by not being there, and felt more awful when they heard about Toru being taken, more so the Pussy Cats, but Mei had brought up good news as she had told Ibara to place a small tracking device on one of the Nomu, which Ibara confirmed she did. With this news, the Pros felt better as they now had a way to track the villain's base down and bring an end to whatever plans they had, but this time, they would be bringing the students with them, leaving Mei and Kota at the base.

Hearing that she would be staying behind, Mei looked angry, "I should come along!" She cried as she looked at Izuku, "Toru's my friend too!"

Izuku looked at her, "I know, Mei, but you're not a fighter and we need you here to contact the outside world in case something happens," Izuku told her, "I promise, I'll bring her back safe,"

Mei nodded in defeat and then she looked down, "I'm sorry, Izuku," She said in a low tone, "I... should have done something more..." She said.

Izuku shook his head, "Mei... it's not you're fault," He said.

Mei let out a sigh and turned away to join Kota inside the Lodge, Izuku looked at her and felt terrible. Deep down, a small part of him did blame Mei for Toru being captured, but he knew that was wrong, Mei had done her best to protect her and it was thanks to her and her quick thinking that they could find her and the LOV.

"She's hard on herself just like you are,"

Izuku turned around to see Gutz looking at him.

"You forget sometimes that you weren't the only one who suffered that day," Gutz said, "She lost the same people as you did and that's why she works so hard to help you because when she helps you, she feels as if she's helping you save people... That she's getting a chance to save Toru," Gutz told him.

Izuku looked at him, and sighed, "I feel like an ass," He said.

Gutz nodded, "Good," he told Izuku, "Now get ready, we're leaving as soon as possible," Gutz told him.

Izuku nodded and then quickly realized something, "Wait, how are we getting there?" He asked.

"Atop Ryuku," Guts replied, "The plan is once we arrive at the location, the Heroes and I will be dealing with any Nomu, the distraction, while you and the rest of the students will be rescuing the civilians that have been taken, you and them will be the most important part of this plan," Guts said.

Izuku nodded and turned to go tell the others about what was going to happen when they got there. As he walked, Izuku couldn't help but feel the presence of the Bunny, nipping at the back of his head, he knew what it wanted, he knew it wanted to simply abandon Toru to her fate and seek out Monoma to take revenge, but he wasn't going to give it to the beast, he wasn't going to go back to how he was, not when he had Toru save.

They all got atop the Dragon Hero and Ryuku took off in the direction the tracker was located, and after a 30-minute flight, they arrived near the secret base and Ryuku lowered the students down a few feet away from it, while they were going to attack directly and draw out as many Nomu as they could, and the students wished them luck and the Heros then flew off while the students looked at each other and formed a plan.

Itsuka looked at them all, "Remember, our mission is to infiltrate the building and save the civilians, nothing else," She said, turning to Izuku, Ibara, and Tetsutetsu, "Can you three take the front? Izuku's fought these things before, Ibara can use her vines to stop them before they reach us, and Tetsu, you can be our shield in case they have some long-range quirks," She said.