Chapter 1

Mentions of blood and abuse

Rayla was born in Canada, into a family of witches. This means that she can use her blood to heal, to harm and to clean, among other things.

Rayla was kidnapped by werewolves when she was seven, and used as a slave to clean pack houses, and occasionally to heal people.

She was traded from pack to pack, and she had been in this pack, the Half Moon pack, for 3 years. She is 16 years old.

.:ï:.

Rayla woke to Alpha Kent's yelling. She quickly rose from the stone floor and scrambled up the stairs of the Half Moon pack's basement, which she called her room. Alpha Kent was waiting in the hallway, and slapped her hard across the face as she entered.

"Be faster next time, bitch!"

Rayla looked down in respect, whimpering and holding her bruised cheek.

"Y-yes, Alpha." She stuttered.

Alpha Kent glared down at her in disgust. "I want the whole pack house to be clean before tomorrow. The Alpha King is visiting to try to find his mate, and I want you out of my sight by then."

"Yes Alpha"

"Good, now go. Because you'll need to use a lot of blood, you can have two slices of bread today."

"T-thank you Alpha." Usually Rayla was only allowed one piece of old bread a day, so she was grateful for the extra food.

Rayla went back down to her room to change out of the rags she wore to sleep and into the ripped, stained clothes that the pack members didn't want anymore. Then she ran up the stairs and into the kitchen to start cleaning.

Rayla took a knife and cut her arm slightly, letting her blood flow out. Then, speaking an incantation, she performed a spell, and the whole kitchen was tidied up from when the pack had made their breakfasts. She did this every day, and she was grateful for the spell because she was the only omega and she would still have been expected to clean everything.

She cleaned the rest of the rooms in the pack house, being almost 200 rooms in total counting all the bedrooms, and getting away with only a couple punches and insults. She ate her two slices of bread and went down to her room to sleep at 10:00.

Right before she lay down, Beta Vern slammed her door open. Rayla flinched, surprised, and prepared for her imminent doom.  Beta Vern yelled down to her.

"Stupid witch! It's going to rain tonight! You know what that means!"

Rayla groaned quietly. Every time it rained she was forced to sleep outside, and she knew it would be no different tonight. She walked outside, with only a small dirty blanket, and she heard the door lock behind her.

She considered casting a spell to keep her warm, but decided against it because it would only last while she was conscious, and she already had lost too much blood today.

Curling up at the door of the pack house in hopes of staying out of the rain, Rayla fell into a restless sleep, and feared for tomorrow, when she would probably have to stay in the basement for the whole day while the Alpha King was visiting, and wouldn't be allowed any food.

Thank you for reading
Please vote and comment